More than two Accounts per IP

Enslaved

Novice
Hi everybody,

since i can't PM Shane because i dont have 10 posts yet, i'll ask my question here and hope it gets answered.

First of all i came to this server because my brother who lives about 500km away from me told me that theres
this server running and he already created an account. So did i and i really love it here. Then i made a second
account for me.

Problem now that i've read some posts about "IP-sharing" is:
My girlfriend gets interested playing the same game as i do (she dont know UO yet). So i created her an account.
Right now i can play only one of my accounts when she is online. How do i fix that now?

Another problem will be when my brother visits me around Christmas and New Year, he wanna play also, that makes
3 accounts who wanna play on UOF at the same time sharing the same IP.

Need help please!

temujin

Master
Iv asked shane on multiple occasions about a 3rd account and never get a response, dont hold ya breath mate lol

Enslaved

Novice
temujin said:
Iv asked shane on multiple occasions about a 3rd account and never get a response, dont hold ya breath mate lol

hahah okay....

just wanna make sure i or we don't get our accounts banned..

Enslaved

Novice
i really enjoy playing here, brings back the good old uo feeling for me and i dont miss anything ;)
so if i get my account banned because of multiple accounts per ip, i dont think i get the motivation
back to build up new chars and gathering alle the stuff i actually have (ok its not that much and good but
it took quite a bit time).

Ghostface

Neophyte
yeah we have the same problem. We are 6 guys that just joined this server and we very often plays in LAN
I love the sever and yes it is just like the old times.... just much better.
Wish the old times was more like this :lol:

Well... you could make it so that your 1 IP Address turns into several. It's tricky to do, but you could set up a server that has DHCP running and have it hand out IP Addresses to each machine on the network. There's a lot that goes into doing something like this, and I'm not sure if the client will see the public address from the ISP or the machine assigned address.

I know the system hurts situations where you have multiple people living together who want to play, but one of the reasons I like playing here is because of this rule. You have more live people and less copycat clients created simply for housing.

Enslaved

Novice
Theros Ironfeld said:
Well... you could make it so that your 1 IP Address turns into several. It's tricky to do, but you could set up a server that has DHCP running and have it hand out IP Addresses to each machine on the network. There's a lot that goes into doing something like this, and I'm not sure if the client will see the public address from the ISP or the machine assigned address.

I know the system hurts situations where you have multiple people living together who want to play, but one of the reasons I like playing here is because of this rule. You have more live people and less copycat clients created simply for housing.

thx for answering me... btw: i'm a network administrator and what you just mentioned doesn't work ;)

DHCP Server on a router works only for internal networks, the IP Adress wich will be visible in the internet is the same my ISP is giving out to me (my router), everything whats behind the router (computer IPs) will not visible outside the "home-network". So the problem still exists.

zoneseek

Novice
hey now the above would in fact work assuming his entire dhcp range was preconfigured with 1:1 NAT to public addressing :lol:

zoneseek said:
hey now the above would in fact work assuming his entire dhcp range was preconfigured with public 1:1 NAT addressing :lol:

Like I said... a LOT of work and really not feasible, but it is possible.

Ghostface

Neophyte
it seems most private servers are like this.
I really dislike that. I think uo is very much a game that is worth playing in lan parties.
I am really annoyed about this rule and I dont think it change a damn thing.
If people wants 10 accounts they will get it without any problems

UODreadNoxx

Enslaved said:
Theros Ironfeld said:

thx for answering me... btw: i'm a network administrator and what you just mentioned doesn't work ;)

DHCP Server on a router works only for internal networks, the IP Adress wich will be visible in the internet is the same my ISP is giving out to me (my router), everything whats behind the router (computer IPs) will not visible outside the "home-network". So the problem still exists.
Just buy 5 ISP connections. Problem solved.

Enslaved

Novice
zoneseek said:
hey now the above would in fact work assuming his entire dhcp range was preconfigured with 1:1 NAT to public addressing :lol:

yay! and then i'm wondering why my laptop turns into a virus mothership! yeeeha ;)

armorsmith

Neophyte
PING!!

A bit more specific question on multiple accounts per I/P. I have three adult children in their own homes with unique I/P addresses from mine. Their accounts were created on their home I/P. On occasion we get together and have considered playing 4 accounts on my single I/P. Will we be breaking the account rules to all be playing on my home network? This would be an occasional ocurance, not the norm. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Kazzz

*not understanding all the vitriol...*

I think it's a legitimate question. Personally, I've got a lot of buddies that I play games with IRL. I just started here a week ago with my youngest brother having started a character, as well as several real life friends. I would for sure be worried about ever trying to LAN and play some UO.

Does anyone have a link to where this kind of thing has been answered in the past?

armorsmith

Neophyte
jdcalve - If you think this thread is a "fucking joke", then don't bother to insult those with honest questions with your ignorant remarks. As for the language, that shows me your intelligence level in the first place.

Metalhead - Maybe some of us have a life other than this game, and don't have the entire game rule set committed to memory. I fully understand the I/P rules relative to accounts generated on a single I/P. I also know of several methods to confound that system, which I don't use out of respect for the owners who provide a wonderful service. I am however concerned about a possible "mis-read" of the situation at a specific point in time where there may be more than the two accounts registered on my I/P. I don't have access to the server rules that Shane and his posse use governing the server, therefore the question.

I don't appreciate that kind of abuse by either of you for a simple question. If you don't have the answer, or don't wish share your knowledge, please refrain for responding to my posts. Another abusive post like this one and I will request action by Shane.