Mining - The best method?

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
I have just added mining to my crafter - it takes a while to find a bulk ingot seller and I am not patient :)

What is the best way to mine and maximise return on ingots? Recall around spots and back home to drop ore/smelt or find a good long mountain run or cave system and drag 2 beetles/packs behind you as you go?

also what is a reasonable return on ingots (iron) per hour please?

Thanks.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
If this video is accurate I will be dropping mining. Even at high ingot prices, the hourly rate is under 40k. I can make more than that in any number of ways.

Thanks for posting - gives me something to think about.

AssHat

Grandmaster
the way the economy is setup here, your better off just buying from another rich person, and dont forget, when you SMELT you dont get 100% double smelt its more like 30% of the time do you get double smelt!!!

poogoblin

Master
If this video is accurate I will be dropping mining. Even at high ingot prices, the hourly rate is under 40k. I can make more than that in any number of ways.

Thanks for posting - gives me something to think about.

If it is money you're trying to make it's off the colored ingots, it works out to be better than 40k an hour but if you're trying to compare it to things such as Farming with Taming/Provo archery/or even Thunting you're probably better off with those.

I mine for the nostalgia factor more than anything and it helps break up farming, the great thing about UO is you can make a living for yourself doing tons of different things...if it's powergamer you're looking for though, you should probably just be taming.

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
yeah I mine for my own supply, but mining to sell for profit, you have to dedicate a lot of time doing it, if you are doing it legally of course... and you are also putting your mental health at risk

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Thanks for the replies - I am not a powergamer, but do have only a limited amount of time to play UO. I think I will continue to increase the wealth of our mining community and spend my time on less tedious (for me) things.

account51

Master
I think a lot of people have watched that video, because I've seen a lot of high priced color ingots lately. I saw valorite ingots selling for 50 gp/ea.