Mining macro's ... Need a GM answer pls.

halygon

Grandmaster
I think we will make a solid rule here actually, i will change the rules page soon here.

MACROING IN ONE AREA WITH RAZOR (so you don't have to click non-stop) IS LEGAL.

USING ANY SORT OF RUNEBOOK, RECALL, RAILING, BOT-LIKE automation is bannable.

I mean if you CLEARLY look more like a robot than a person, then yeah you most likely shouldn't be doing it.

Also if your a veteran player, know your shit, and clearly all your doing is macroing mining to make a profit, there's most likely an issue with that whole scenario. That's not playing the game at all, you're just watching it...
Perfect, thanks for making that clear. Just one question: why did you specifically say "WITH RAZOR" ? Can you not do the exact same thing in UOSteam and be legal?

rimmshot

Master
I think we will make a solid rule here actually, i will change the rules page soon here.

I mean if you CLEARLY look more like a robot than a person, then yeah you most likely shouldn't be doing it.

Also if your a veteran player, know your shit, and clearly all your doing is macroing mining to make a profit, there's most likely an issue with that whole scenario. That's not playing the game at all, you're just watching it...

Perfect now we have a rule set in place .

So i will manually recall out to a vein .
hit my macro that will mine the vein then recall to home/bank .

then manually recall out to the next vein ... rinse and repeat .

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryce

Adept

Couldn't have worded better myself. Hence the boss. ;)

Oh, and to this:

AFK fishing over night: if looting MIB's etc, illegal.

AFK recalls over night: require purchases/resources, thus gold sunk.

AFK smithing i watch someone gm smith in 2 nights AFK: requires resources that aren't manifested on the fly.

AFK recalls , armor , slayer weapons ect ect ect: same as above.

Thing is, with mining, you can easily automate a smelt, creating more tinker tools, create more shovels.

So you can do things indefinitely off a one-time set of resources. And automate it.

With the others, especially inscription, they require reagent (resources not manifested by the player) purchases.