Minecraft UO?! Awesome

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
minecraft has worse graphics than most 1990 dos games.

true story.

Before i invested a ton of time into UOF when starting it out the one question i asked my self was the graphic problem with Ultima Online. People hate it, it's one of the largest issues modern players have and it almost made me not even touch a private server. Then i thought of mine craft.. That changed my entire thought on it.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
I have always loved UO graphics and 3/4 perspective myself. Though the "3D" graphics and expansion pixels were ugly as SIN.

@wreckognize games like minecraft just prove that graphics used to be a big concern but have been replaced by the desire for solid content.

PS Love ya brotha from anotha motha

Firecrest

Grandmaster
I never liked playing first person, I mean doom and quake were ok, but I could never play EQ, To this day I love the style of UO,

Young Star

Grandmaster
I love the original UO graphics. Itvis more artistic then the faux 3d stuff they tried to shoehorn in from the failed UO2. They did a better job with the enhanced client though. i still prefer the classic paper doll though.

@Shane have you considered adding the enhanced client?

That would be kind of cool to run around through a 3D UO from first person view. It doesnt look like the first map is finished but looks the most accurate. The faction one looks like it is done but not as accurate to the UO map.

Defari

Adept
I want to explore UO in 3D!! (not that OSI BS 3D either)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There actually is a 3rd party 3d client for UO. All the vids of it on YouTube are years old tho, so not sure if it's still around.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
There actually is a 3rd party 3d client for UO. All the vids of it on YouTube are years old tho, so not sure if it's still around.

Would be nice if the developers of IRIS even gave two poops about their development in the last few years.....
I was really interested in IRIS however they just really have no drive to finish it, it seems.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I have always loved UO graphics and 3/4 perspective myself. Though the "3D" graphics and expansion pixels were ugly as SIN.

@wreckognize games like minecraft just prove that graphics used to be a big concern but have been replaced by the desire for solid content.

PS Love ya brotha from anotha motha
I've found that some people have about 0 concept of what is generally aesthetically pleasing.