META DEXXERS NEW ARMOR CHANGES AND HIT CHANCE CHANGES

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
they did lower the defense tally requirments to 80. so its not so bad but having over 130 was a lot better
So now the def talisman is pretty crappy to try to level even with the best armor set up. It's 100 or so for no penalty which the others won't suffer from.

I just saw that lowering of 80. Still makes it hurt.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Dexers arnt op right now they seem balance tbh.

Seems that way to me. Even if dexers have an edge in 1v1 combat, there's no question mages are the only way to go in group combat. So if mages were balanced in 1v1 (I think they are), there'd be no reason to PvP with a dexer: mages would be as good or better in all situations.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
dexxers are op af, i've been playing mine this week and i consistently two shot + 1 pot naked mages

in regards to arms lore, i know they said its fixed but i feel like i'm stilling missing a ton of swings

Volco

Master
The armor change is pretty rough for mages I'm finding.
yeah, it's gonna be ruff on mages, but i firmly believe that a mage class (cloth / light leather) shouldn't be able to tank the way they have been.
Glass cannons are called 'Glass Cannons' for a reason ;).

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
yeah, it's gonna be ruff on mages, but i firmly believe that a mage class (cloth / light leather) shouldn't be able to tank the way they have been.
Glass cannons are called 'Glass Cannons' for a reason ;).

With the armor change maybe we'll see more tank-mages in the future; it certainly is a buff to the build.

I mean.... keep your full mages! Nothing to see here, folks!

halv

Grandmaster
in regards to arms lore, i know they said its fixed but i feel like i'm stilling missing a ton of swings

There is definitly an issue with arms lore. I stand in front of an Deep Earth Ele Paragon and miss it, miss and miss it twenty times. Then I move a a tile and hit two or three times. Then it starts again, missing and missing over and over again until I move a tile. That's not how I remember it. @Adam

Tearloch

Grandmaster
I'm saying that an absolutely fabled piece of equipment made by the best of the best now offers as much of protection as the everyday second-grade shit every booger-eater is able to produce does.

I didn't pay 100k for a set of barbed leather armor. I paid 100k for a set of runic horned armor made by a professional crafter.
If you paid 100k for any set of Horned runic armor, then your professional crafter is a crook. Even a set on bone only goes for around 75k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aIck

Grandmaster
If you paid 100k for any set of Horned runic armor, then your professional crafter is a crook. Even a set on bone only goes for around 75k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yea my sets were both around that price, just rounded up for a more dramatic effect. The point still stands though unless the AR changes were reverted and weapons were buffed in some other way, haven't got the time to check it out yet.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
7xGM: Swords/Tact/Anat/Heal/Resist/Arms/Mage
Good damage, balanced, not sure if Armslore made any diffrence. Due to the fastswings of a katana damage seems very steady.

7xGM: Swords/Tact/Anat/Heal/Resist/Arms/Lumber
You hit hard, very hard. That's nice but it's a lot slower and a miss makes damage output very unsteady. Sometimes I one-hit an earth elemental. Sometimes one hit brings it down to 5% so you'll need another swing. If you need 6 swings to down an earth elemental you get frustrated easily. I feel like Armslore doesn't do shit. It's not something I can measure, nor do I know what it EXACTLY does. So I dropped it for magery again so I can at least travel around with regs and have additional untility like invisibility.

7xGM: Swords/Tact/Anat/Heal/Resist/Lumber/Mage
Happy to have magery again. Still not happy about the unsteady damage output, even tough I don't have arms lore anymore. Too bad I invested in LJ powerscrolls now, otherwise I would go back to my old katana build without hesitation. A midway solution might be to make 2h's faster but deal less damage. I think that would also make the victems of 2-hit kills in PVP a little more happy.

As for the armor change:
Can't tell the diffrence in PVM to be honest. Been fighting deep earth elementals naked before so not sure what diffrence the armor changes would make.

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
Almost every hit is consistent with this one. Lowest end hits would result in 3 hits required instead of two + explode pot.

I was 3-4 hitting + 1 explode pot tamers in armor with a power warfork.... Weps like these aren't uncommon by any means. Seems op I can crank out that kind of damage while still being able to drink pots and apply so much pressure.

Dexxers weren't weak before. They're OP now, even without the defense talisman.

Need another yet?