Meta Dexxer Questions!

Litefyre

Neophyte
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the meta dexxer thing and can't find the answer to a couple questions and I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to shed some light for me!

1. What setup is best for leveling the talisman? I was going to go with a Sword/LJ for running pass hits since I cant use armor/shield. I am taking way too much damage to stand toe to toe. Is it maybe even worthwhile to take parrying and just lose the xp from the shield armor so I can block?

2. My character is actually meant to be an archer but I want the XP gain first. If I level the talisman then switch to archery can I get the full damage bonus from the talisman at any range? It's only the XP gain that is penalized at range correct?

4. Also can anyone recommend what monsters I should be going for to get steady gains without getting shredded?

Thank you for your time and help!

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
1. Depends on what you're gaining - you need 100 AR if you're doing the defence talisman (i didn't realise this until level 2)
4. Daemons

It's a tough grind, i got to level 4, and man was it hard - as in watching paint dry 'hard'.

Now most of the shard would have you believe the hardest part is the pks around - but with around 10 hours of grinding, i ran into 2 reds the entire time - 1 a DITC red, the other an EQMS red who happened to appear whilst i was chatting with the DITC red. The DITC guy quickly nailed the EQMS guy by himself and came back and began chatting with myself again.

With this being said, i'd say the "PK problem" on this shard is that there isn't enough.... If i can farm 10 hours during peak/off and not be bothered, i think we need more danger.... (Obviously EQMS do roll certain spots 10-15 deep and call it 'pvp', but i never saw the zerg once whilst XP grinding on my red).

The biggest problems i faced was other blues (tamer zergs etc) trying to gank my red char who was gaining XP - they were swiftly disposed of because i always come prepared, but none-the-less way more prevalent than the 2 measly reds i saw....

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Buy a set of leather armor from npc (12ar) and add slayer runes - now you can easily kill daemons and paragons. Dragons are also good xp but tricky sometimes with fire breath.

Not had to gain xp in a long time but I think there is now a cap in place - so killing overly high hp mobs will not be the best idea.

Belge

Grandmaster
I found deep earth elementals, and orcish miner overseers/orc brutes are a good for exp gains. They all count towards your quest 100 monsters to obtain the talisman. Decent enough loot and magic weapon drops as well. The orc cave being a mount less area now, its very unlikely you will be disturbed by reds or griefers. Id recommend these monsters to get the first few levels as they don't have any magic, so are pretty easy.

Good luck in your journey.