Make Archer viable in pvp

AssHat

Grandmaster
yup as title says, why cant a archer ever win in pvp on this server? why cant a archer fight back against a pk on here?

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
You can. Ive killed with my archer a few times. But biggest thing to hold them back is basically attack speed.

Was a thread awhile back about allowing Archers to fire on the run. Its realistic. But alot people are for it and alot people against it.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
works not too great, dexie can easily heal through an archers damage because the arrows and bolts do not penetrate the armor very well.

I think that capping the AR versus archery at 60 would probably help a lot.

archery is tough to balance for pvp
its usually either really weak or way overpowered

if admin buff it too much it will be OP in pvp and pvm

Lailoken

Journeyman
I run 2 archers.
One is a Macer/Archer and the other is a Fencer/Archer.
Yes they really do work very well.
Love the concussion blow against a mage. He runs, bust out the bow. Then back to the War hammer for the run down.
It's not fast but it works and makes a PK think twice about attacking another archer. They never expect to see the war hammer or spear come out. hehe

Weland

Grandmaster
Your hunting happily pk comes around switch bows and put an arrow between his eyes. He runs away recalls to house loads forums, tears follow then shortly afterwards Archery is nerfed. HOWEVER for that day and or week Archers will crush the reds.....or all the reds will train archery :confused:. This is a conundrum.

Weland

Grandmaster
On serious note though other than stealth archery, it does need some love on player vs player. I mentioned in a previous post that I think they should tailor cross bows to be more pvp centric. I think this could be done by giving bolts a certain % of ignore AR. You could even add a chance for fast reload once GM'd. I think from keeping from making Archery more powerful than it is in PVM is make it only with heavy or light crossbows. Just some thoughts.

On serious note though other than stealth archery, it does need some love on player vs player. I mentioned in a previous post that I think they should tailor cross bows to be more pvp centric. I think this could be done by giving bolts a certain % of ignore AR. You could even add a chance for fast reload once GM'd. I think from keeping from making Archery more powerful than it is in PVM is make it only with heavy or light crossbows. Just some thoughts.

Archery with Bowcraft/fletcher should give some kind of bonus.