Magic Weapons/Armor & Crafting

Harken110

Expert
Hey folks,

I've been doing a lot of PVM lately and I've noticed these magic weapons (and armor but I don't deal with them much) are dropping like candy. I can only think that perhaps this is damages the player driven economy. As it stands Crafting is only useful in BODS and even that has its problems as they're so random. And I know if I am getting all this free candy (Force, Power, Vanqs weapons) then the server as a whole must be getting tons of this stuff. If the server is flooded with magical weapons that tend to be better than crafting GM weapons then it makes them worth much less. I mean it's equivalent to the U.S. printing more dollars, making existing dollars (and other currencies) worth-less.

I suggest that magical weapons be removed (I know, I know, most won't like the idea), but if not removed then at least nerf the drop rate of these weapons. If more people are using GM weapons I think it balances the pvp out a little more as well (but hey I am not an expert in pvp, yet). But hey I leave this topic open for discussion for more opinons. However; I believe something needs to be done with crafting and the player economy. When MOBS drop everything a player needs, then what's the point of gold, crafting, and the economy? Because the truth is if all those vanity items were removed (the rares, house cellars, ethy mounts, sandals and etc) there will be little use for gold.