Magic Reflection

Nothing? Nobody?

The donation bong thread gets 3 pages but this gets nothing? Not even a naysayer? I mean, how many times has the stackable potions thing been rehashed? It still gets replies, as ridiculous as that is.

Wow...just...wow.

Messremb

Grandmaster
wont work, MR is based of the players Magery and Inscription skill. if it could be cast on someone it would either be OP if they got the affects of another players Magery\inscription skills, or worthless if they had no magery and it was based on their skills.

wont work, MR is based of the players Magery and Inscription skill. if it could be cast on someone it would either be OP if they got the affects of another players Magery\inscription skills, or worthless if they had no magery and it was based on their skills.

Bullshit. There is a way.

how!?! please expound on this way of yours.

the way I see it, if you can get a benefit from it you can cast it. if you cant then you cant cast it. so what's the point?
I can get a benefit from heal or greater heal, I can get a benefit from cure, bless...there are several beneficial spells that I don't have to cast on myself. Why should this be caster exclusive???

halygon

Grandmaster
I can get a benefit from heal or greater heal, I can get a benefit from cure, bless...there are several beneficial spells that I don't have to cast on myself. Why should this be caster exclusive???
The answer to this would be base the strength of the magic reflect upon the caster and not the recipient. But that is a moot point.

Being able to cast magic reflect upon others will pretty much ruin PvP as we know it. Why would I cast gheal, when I (as a scribe) can drop MR on my buddy and immediately kill off the attacking mage. They would never see it coming and their combo would come right back at em. As said above, it would disrupt the balance that the staff are trying so hard to achieve with PvP.

Although wishful thinking, this would be a bad choice to implement. This is pretty much why OSI never made the target of it selectable.

Jani

Grandmaster
Get some magery and use scrolls. I don't see any reason why this suggestion should happen. Bad idea, because it would just make pvping worse.

Don Key

Master
I would love to see a dexxer cast a MR onto his opponent so that he couldn't cast Reactive Armor or Protection. That would be the lolz