Mages, Talis, and Poison

Karnifex

Novice
Hi all, can someone tell me some information about PvM builds. I heard rumor the mage talisman may be modified soon, is that true? Does the tali affect poison damage? Which skills go into a poison mage? Do I need alchemy to do damage?
I'm looking at the 4 mage skills, poisoning, and then what?

Also, why would Arms Lore go on a dexxer using a Zerker tali? My skill set for this character right now is Swords, LJ, Tactics, Healing, and Anatomy. How do I properly round this out? Is that skill set also complimented by a Phylactery tali?

Sorry I know my thoughts are messy, I just have so many questions!

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Poisoning
Magery
Evaluate
Meditation

That would most likely be the mage-skills you're looking for, but with a tali most use Spirit Speak as well.

On a zerker tali I believe Arms Lore increases how often relics proc? Someone correct me here.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Hi all, can someone tell me some information about PvM builds. I heard rumor the mage talisman may be modified soon, is that true? Does the tali affect poison damage? Which skills go into a poison mage? Do I need alchemy to do damage?
I'm looking at the 4 mage skills, poisoning, and then what?

Also, why would Arms Lore go on a dexxer using a Zerker tali? My skill set for this character right now is Swords, LJ, Tactics, Healing, and Anatomy. How do I properly round this out? Is that skill set also complimented by a Phylactery tali?

Sorry I know my thoughts are messy, I just have so many questions!

For mage tali, the skills you'll definitely want are magery, med, eval, resist, and spirit speak. spriit speak is necessary because it decreases mana cost of direct damage spells and scales with tali lvl. I think lvl 1 tali gets 15 mana ebolts and lvl 10 tali gets 11 mana ebolts. I also wouldn't go for poisoning. You're better off just spamming ebolts and lightning on targets. I know a couple of us meta mages went with 5x mage, spirit speak, and inscription but can customize how you'd like after getting the 5 skills I mentioned.

As for the meta mage changes, I feel like it already came. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought spirit speak scaling with level was one of the changes.

Shortbus

Grandmaster
Mage
Eval
Med
Resist
Spirit Speak

I recommend Wrestle as well for defensive wrestling and scribe for more levels of reflect and some money making.

Could also go anat/heal instead of wrestle/whatever as anat/eval gives defensive wrestling.

Can go anat/wrestle for pvp and be a stun mage. Or wrestle alch for pvp.

Choices are yours and yours alone. Dont do poison on a mage. Not worth it on this server.

Karnifex

Novice
All excellent information. Thanks so much everyone.

Does stun mage work on any monsters?
I happened to have GM anat and healing already (which I don't mind dropping- it's a cheap skill).

So what I am looking at then is for more PvM is:
Magery
Meditation
Eval
Resist
Healing
Anat
Spirit Speak

But for a more PvP context:
Magery
Meditation
Eval