Magery med combo macro

Oblivious

Neophyte
Can anyone help me with a little bit of info. Its been quite a long time since I have played ultima. From 50 magery and 50 med what do I need to be casting and when do I need to be meding?

Bromista

Grandmaster
If you are working eval and resist I always start with lightning on myself (up to like 57) and heal with bandages because they are cheaper than regs.

Do MB for a while til 65 magery or so. Ebolts until 75ish. Then from there you can ditch the bandages (unless you are making a healmage of course) and cast mind blast on yourself. But ONLY if you above 65 resist, which you should be by then anyhow. You're not ready for MB til 65 resist. MB with take you to GM imagery.

If you are just doing magery/med there are better spells you can cast.

Most important thing about setting your macro up right if you are using razor: change all of your "wait for XX" to "pause for XX" to keep the program from hanging up, which it often does if the wait for part of macros are not modified. Just figure out what time delay works best for your application and adjust accordingly.

halygon

Grandmaster
The most accepted method for GMing Magery/Med/Resist is

Mana Drain to 63
Invisibility to 75
Mana Vampire to GM Magery/Resist

*Meditation will be finished long before you hit GM Magery.

Zaggi

Neophyte
The most accepted method for GMing Magery/Med/Resist is

Mana Drain to 63
Invisibility to 75
Mana Vampire to GM Magery/Resist

*Meditation will be finished long before you hit GM Magery.

Is this still the most effective way to gm magery/resist?

Zaggi

Neophyte
If money is not an issue it is less complex macroing doing mana drain to 65 resist then mana vampire until gm. No need for bandages then

well money is an issue. just started playing UOF. Thanks for the info tho.

Cack

Grandmaster
Someone give this man some money/regs/bandages.....so he macro his skills.
For the love of god.

bane

Master
well money is an issue. just started playing UOF. Thanks for the info tho.
I am recently poor (have a UOF spending issue) but if you need some help with steam macros PM me and I can help you with the macro side of things.

Also a cheap way to macro med in advance is buy a magic wizards hat (adds 5 int) and macro putting it on, then waiting till full mana, after that take off the hat, and immediately put it back on. For 15gp you will have GM meditation in a night.

One last tip. Take full advantage of the Young dungeon in Brit graveyard. By the time I lost young status I was 4x GM and had 25k in the bank. Build a good nest egg in the Young dungeon then macro. If you macro first you will lose your young status quicker I think.

Stonexx

Adept
I think you asked for a macro to use Magery then Med when you get low on mana. I don't think anyone covered that so I will.

Cast Spell (insert Spell)
Wait for Target
Absolute Target
Pause 4.00sec
If (Mana <=45)
Use Skill Meditation
Wait for Mana >=99 or whatever your mana may be.

(I only pause so the book can recharge) I wait 10.00 Seconds if I am using an attack spell to bandage myself.
(on the If (mana <=45 you can reajust depending what spell. it will be.

Hopefully that will help if you need an afk way to lvl your magery.

Weland

Grandmaster
Welcome to UOF then. If you are running UOSteam then I recommend http://uosteam.28394.n7.nabble.com/Script-Library-f3.html There are a lot of scripts on there that are very useful. Just remember that afk harvesting is illegal on this shard. I got a great mining macro there that I tweaked a little bit.

I know Halygon and Eqqy both have helped me in the past with macroing so if you get stuck try asking them in IRC or post on the forums and some one will help ya.

fujinn

Neophyte
If you are working eval and resist I always start with lightning on myself (up to like 57) and heal with bandages because they are cheaper than regs.

Do MB for a while til 65 magery or so. Ebolts until 75ish. Then from there you can ditch the bandages (unless you are making a healmage of course) and cast mind blast on yourself. But ONLY if you above 65 resist, which you should be by then anyhow. You're not ready for MB til 65 resist. MB with take you to GM imagery.

If you are just doing magery/med there are better spells you can cast.

Most important thing about setting your macro up right if you are using razor: change all of your "wait for XX" to "pause for XX" to keep the program from hanging up, which it often does if the wait for part of macros are not modified. Just figure out what time delay works best for your application and adjust accordingly.

Not true what you said about wait for XX to pause for XX. Your problem lies in the time from when XX showed up and your TARGET, which you need input at least a 500ms or .5secs pause time in case your client is lagging a bit.

fujinn

Neophyte
I think you asked for a macro to use Magery then Med when you get low on mana. I don't think anyone covered that so I will.

Cast Spell (insert Spell)
Wait for Target
Absolute Target
Pause 4.00sec
If (Mana <=45)
Use Skill Meditation
Wait for Mana >=99 or whatever your mana may be.

(I only pause so the book can recharge) I wait 10.00 Seconds if I am using an attack spell to bandage myself.
(on the If (mana <=45 you can reajust depending what spell. it will be.

Hopefully that will help if you need an afk way to lvl your magery.
Here is my macro, about the same as yours with a little extra step for recognizing when meditation succeeded.
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|0|19
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you enter a meditative trance.
Assistant.Macros.WaitForStatAction|1|1|20|3600
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.MacroCastSpellAction|48
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|0|-1
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
(open help/status tab on razor, open folder, open macros, paste this.)

or create it straight from razor.

If (Mana <= "whatever")
UseSkill Meditation
Pause 1.00sec
If (SysMessage "you entered a meditative trance.")
Wait for Mana >= "whatever")
End if
Else
CastSpell "whatever"
Wait for Target
"whatever target"
Pause 1.00sec

There will be much less spam in your screen like this.