Mage vs Defensive Talisman For Solo Farming

jebra

Master
Hey, I have been farming on my provo tamer (GM) for a long time now and I'm looking for something new to farm with. I don't expect either of these talismans to compete with a provo tamer for farming but I was just wondering how close a meta mage or defensive dexxer can come.

What types of high end mobs can high level meta mages or dexxers with the Resilience talisman take on, and how quickly can they kill those mobs? This is assuming no slayer armor or spell book.

It seems provo is still better at pvm. The only real upside to meta chars is they are generally more well rounded characters. In my experience I still make a lot more gold on my provoker.

jebra

Master
Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty much just looking for a change since I'm bored of using my tamer. Was just trying to get an idea of which meta char can come closest for farming.

I don't think any of them can 'come close' to a provo tamer in farming. They are pretty much in a class of their own. Unless you are doing champ spawns where pet damage doesn't give as much points as melee damage.

sampsonized

Master
Hey, I have been farming on my provo tamer (GM) for a long time now and I'm looking for something new to farm with. I don't expect either of these talismans to compete with a provo tamer for farming but I was just wondering how close a meta mage or defensive dexxer can come.

What types of high end mobs can high level meta mages or dexxers with the Resilience talisman take on, and how quickly can they kill those mobs? This is assuming no slayer armor or spell book.

I have both a meta dexxer and a meta Mage. For farming purposes I would say a resil warrior would probably be your best bet. I can make decent gold on my berserker, but it's nothing close to my tamer. Meta Mage (at low level) is such a grind but at high levels I know it will be rewarding which is why I will stick with it. If I had to choose I would say go with the dexxer. Trying to level something definitely makes farming more meaningful, and either of them will be awesome for champs or RDA's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jebra

Master
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I think whichever one I choose will end up being worth it at higher level.

Spatchel

Master
Level 10 zerker, being able to wear armor and on a swamp dragon I can crush through stuff quick. Certain places allow single pulls with 1100 gold per kill. Each kill taking seconds with a well timed phase/tread/double strike, or just chewing through with a slayer katana.

I use my zerker over my tamer anymore.

jebra

Master
Wow nice. I am also wondering, for champs/RDAs/invasions, I know zerkers usually out perform the other two assuming the mage doesn't have a slayer book, but can a max level meta mage with Shadow Disciple relic out damage a max defensive dexxer using a slayer katana?

girana

Grandmaster
Wow nice. I am also wondering, for champs/RDAs/invasions, I know zerkers usually out perform the other two assuming the mage doesn't have a slayer book, but can a max level meta mage with Shadow Disciple relic out damage a max defensive dexxer using a slayer katana?

For Champs:
destard, despise, terra, abbys champ i out dps with lvl 6 meta mage every zerker even without slayer book
oaks i never tryed love postiv krama just deciet zerker beat me but on lvl 10 i might have chance.

RDA
Zerka wins them all but lockie

Invasions
hard to say because they all soo diffrent with guardzone on its hard for mage

jebra

Master
For Champs:
destard, despise, terra, abbys champ i out dps with lvl 6 meta mage every zerker even without slayer book
oaks i never tryed love postiv krama just deciet zerker beat me but on lvl 10 i might have chance.

Wow, that's some good news. I saw in your post on the other thread that you use EQ and poison field mainly. Is that pretty standard for you
or do you also spam EB?