Lumberjack Template

Nanashi

Grandmaster
So I wanted to ask...what is a Lumberjacker template and stats. I am actually leaning towards making one :D

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Eat 120 peace. Drop peace. Keep 720 skill cap.

GM Swords Lj Resist Anat Tactics

90 Healing 90 Magery

40 med

I was changing my stats up a bit lately because I initially liked being able to gate/summon but I forget how far I dropped my INT. I think I dropped it to 30-35 and picked DEX back up. I was 95/90/40 for a while and it was working fine but I wasn't ever gating/summoning. It really just depends on your end use.

DP sword + fast swinging axe (for more conc blows and less wasted time when chugging/casting/switching back from sword). The 40 med goes a long long way in a sustained fight and makes cross healing more than once or twice a reality.

Anywho this is my Lj'er, nasty for group fighting and does excellent 1v1 against mages and dexers without magery. Would probably struggle against nox/alchy dexers but that's about it tbh. And what template doesn't struggle against that OP as fuck nox alchy?

** If you didn't have the luxury of going 120 points can you suffice with 50 resist and 50 med?
I would like to try that build but a bit gimped with a 700 skill cap.
so
GM swords
Lumberjack
Anat
Tactics
healing
Magery
50 resist
50 med

if your able to cast the reflect and with some resist help block off lower lvl spells possibly? I am fairly new to the game but I like to experiment with the skills. People often like to go all GM or nothing but I disagree to some points. Hiding/magery has its benifits but it all coming down to play style.

halygon

Grandmaster
** If you didn't have the luxury of going 120 points can you suffice with 50 resist and 50 med?
I would like to try that build but a bit gimped with a 700 skill cap.
so
GM swords
Lumberjack
Anat
Tactics
healing
Magery
50 resist
50 med

if your able to cast the reflect and with some resist help block off lower lvl spells possibly? I am fairly new to the game but I like to experiment with the skills. People often like to go all GM or nothing but I disagree to some points. Hiding/magery has its benifits but it all coming down to play style.
Trust me, you don't need med. GM resist will help you out waaaaaay more than 50 med ever will.

Bromista

Grandmaster
What Haly said.

Even many dexers run Magery. But even if they are without Eval you still want that GM Resist, major damage reduction at times and completely resisting poisons and such is invaluable.

I never run less than 100 if I'm going to have resist on a character. Just me.

BMan

Apprentice
Is there any benefit to having 105 or 110 lumberjack on a pvp build? I am unsure if that would increase damage, as damage modifier is based on lumberjack skill, right?

halygon

Grandmaster
Is there any benefit to having 105 or 110 lumberjack on a pvp build? I am unsure if that would increase damage, as damage modifier is based on lumberjack skill, right?
No need as damage bonus is capped at GM LJ.

BMan

Apprentice
Then wth is 105 and 110 lj for? No fail when chopping wood?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

N49ATV

Adept
Once they get new wood in, we will see stave, and shield material bonuses, and I'm sure Runic bowers to all go in line with new woods

Sanguine

Neophyte
+1 for
Swords
Tac
Anat
Heal
Resist
LJ
MAgery
I use to destroy my buddy on OSI Until he rolled this combo. Even with only 45 intel it's enough to get a cure and a heal or 2 off (+reflect) After you survive even half their mana bar it's GG for them because they are OOM, and have an axer beating their face in. Not to mention eventually you'll concuss them which just makes it even worse for them.

It's a very strong anti Mage build. Dexxers you can compete with but they can still win you over. Also a disarm/thief/Mage could technically render you completely useless lol

Shucky

Novice
Sword 100
Tactics 100
LJ 100
Healing 100
Anatomy 60
Hiding 96
Stealth 80
Magery 64

S/D/I 100/100/25

Sneak in, mount ethy, toss on armor, equip DP katana, surprise attack with xplo pot, switch to ax once they are poisoned, and chase down. Keep trap boxes, cure and heal pots on hand. Your chief ally would be surprise, your nemesis a foe who can disarm or parry.

Rooster

Novice
Not a fan of magery on a dexer UNLESS you have med and cant fit it with a LJer.

Swords, LJing, Tacts, Anat, Healing, Hiding, Alchemy.

Xplo pot stream when they are on the back foot.
Hide and heal. Double reveal chews mana.
100 100 25 use str and agil potions.
Buy and bind a 30 charge blessed trapped pouch.
When MB loads up, stay on the run healing.
Carry a DP katana
Pray for concussion
Pray for extra dam hit
Ignore when ppl call you a runner, this template has a griefer element to it

Hit and run, stick and boom

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Not a fan of magery on a dexer UNLESS you have med and cant fit it with a LJer.

Swords, LJing, Tacts, Anat, Healing, Hiding, Alchemy.

Xplo pot stream when they are on the back foot.
Hide and heal. Double reveal chews mana.
100 100 25 use str and agil potions.
Buy and bind a 30 charge blessed trapped pouch.
When MB loads up, stay on the run healing.
Carry a DP katana
Pray for concussion
Pray for extra dam hit
Ignore when ppl call you a runner, this template has a griefer element to it

Hit and run, stick and boom

@Rooster this thread is a year old bro, so many changes since this was posted.

We don't want new players thinking any of this old information is still truth, so please don't necro threads this old.. especially when they're pvp mechanic related...

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't see what difference that makes regarding his input?

When this thread was created you couldn't throw pots with two-handers. Now you can, making adding alchy on a LJ template much more effective than it ever was.

If he wants to run 0 resist, then by all means. I'd still rather see him take resist over hiding tho.