Lowering Skills

hakkasan

Novice
Hello, I am new and had a question about skills. If I am understanding it correctly, we can have 700 max skills total. I am wanting to know what I can do to lower all the skills I do not need that defaulted when the character was created. Sorry if this is a dumb question, still learning the game. Thanks!!

Kraden

Grandmaster
Put the skills you dont want to down arrow. They will drop when you when you get to 700 skill cap. Open your paperdoll. Each skill should have an up arrow. Click that and it will change. Skills can be set to up down or locked

hakkasan

Novice
Thanks for the response Kraden, now here is my second question lol. I have already surpassed the 700 skill cap, is it too late, what can I do to lower the other skills I do not want anymore and continue to raise the ones I do?

Kraden

Grandmaster
Well there is another button called Show Real. Click that and u will see where your skills are truly at. With out that button clicked it is called Shown Skill or whtever. That is basically the skill level your skill is used at based on your stat modifiers. The closer you get to 100 the less of a modifier you get if that makes any sense

To lower skills you dont want make sure they are pointed down and just work the skills u want pointed up. Once your Real Skill number hits 700 you will start to loose points in the unwanted skills by working the chosen ones. Let me know if that confused ya lol. Its weird i know

Kapanen

Apprentice
The problem with this is you cant purchase your way from an NPC from 0 to 30% or whatever.... Any other way to drop a skill?

Kapanen

Apprentice
Nevermind. After another glance at show real, I noticed of all the skills I downgraded, none of them had any "real" skill points left. lol I guess the OP probably had the same problem.