Losing Con, character stuck.

Turner13

Grandmaster
There I was strolling along in the new Cove 4 level near Akor and saw a huge spawn of mobs come on to screen, just within my targeting range and I see 'connection lost'. I try to log back in thinking it was just the usual glitch in the matrix and up it pops again.

I wondered if it was a client issue so I re-installed and patched up to the latest possible version and still no joy.

I'm bang out of ideas at this point, as it's not something I've had the misfortune of encountering before.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Hi gash
you'll need to get on the irc and get a GM to move your character to britain for you. Or you can page in game/forums on your alt and ask them to move the character, if you give them the name of the character.

I've had this happen in the past but it's been a while. Sometimes the data glitches out and you simply need to be moved away from that spot, not sure why.

By the way, what client version are you using?

ALSO you can try this first: Locate your multicache.dat file in your Ultima online folder and delete it. You may want to back it up but it's not probable that you'll need to.

Jakaro

Master
7.0.15.1 patch 51, but i can't find where to update it if it isn't already the most up to date version :/

wreckognize

Grandmaster
yeah strange, there used to be a guide on how to but it seems to be gone now. or i am blind one of the two. Good to know though on the client version.

Turner13

Grandmaster
I was on the same client as Jakaro but now I've re-installed I'm up to 7.0.35.1 and the issue is still there. I paged in like you suggested Strandedness and left it in the queue as I rested my eyes for the eve and I've awoken to a working client/character so all is well and balance is restored within the UOniverse. I'll leave a collection of ales and beers on your doorstep for assisting, cheers man.

Turner13

Grandmaster
7.0.15.1 patch 51, but i can't find where to update it if it isn't already the most up to date version :/

I found a thread where Carl suggested to re-install with a later version client because the uo.patch in the usual folder doesn't work. I can't seem to find the thread now though or a link to the installer.