Let's talk traps

My GM tink made a collection of trapped boxes for my tamer to keep his regs in. I passed the boxes and keys over to the tamer. Once they needed to be refilled with regs I unlock the bolt trap. I get a message it is disabled and unlocked. I open it and get smoked. Is this a glitch or did I miss a step?

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Sadly the message is actually wrong, I did the same... Troll at best is what I'd call it.. Pretty sure you want to pass the box over to your tamer without it locked, then lock it and unlock it, so that character has the protection.

That is what needs to happen. you can trap the box, but the character that initially locks/unlocks it will be safe from death

so have your crafter make them, then pass it to your tamer. let your tamer lock/unlock (even when you get the message that it is unarmed, it really is armed. Forever armed until popped) Your tamer will be the only character able to open and close the trapped container without dieing then

Nappaca

Grandmaster
That is what needs to happen. you can trap the box, but the character that initially locks/unlocks it will be safe from death

so have your crafter make them, then pass it to your tamer. let your tamer lock/unlock (even when you get the message that it is unarmed, it really is armed. Forever armed until popped) Your tamer will be the only character able to open and close the trapped container without dieing then

I like your idea

Young Star

Grandmaster
I use trapped boxes all the time.

Whoever last uses the key on the box can access the box when the trap is armed and unlocked. Anyone else that tries to open it will set off the trap.

When first trapped it will not be armed until locked. It is always armed after that point, until it is trigger. Locked or unlocked makes no difference.

You can change which character can access the box by using the key on the box with that character.

If the box trap is set off and then re-trapped it is armed immediately and the key needs to be used on it to be able to accessed. Even the last character to use the key on it cannot once it has be re-trapped.

That didn't used to be the case. It used to stay disarmed after a re-trap until the box is locked, just like the very first time.