lets discuss thieves risk

Sanguine

Neophyte
After reading all this guys comments in this thread, it's evident he is a teenager.

Oh a thief stole from me and they just died that's not punishment enough...
What do you want? They have to give your things back? Just nothing your really pointing out proves anything other than your mad thieves exist and steal your things lol
If they are so damn über getting all these free items without punishment, you should roll one and see how difficult it really is.

monktoast

Expert
no it isnt a troll thread you ignoramouses, all the thiefs comign to this legitimate thread are the trolls.

you guys are fucking stupid you can't even grasp the concept that im talking about stealign from other players for one, not mostyers because whjo the FUCK steals from a monster?

the SIMPLE fucking concept is that you risk nothing trying to steal something from another player you fucking piece of shit dumb asses

fuck

thestand

Grandmaster
no it isnt a troll thread you ignoramouses, all the thiefs comign to this legitimate thread are the trolls.

you guys are fucking stupid you can't even grasp the concept that im talking about stealign from other players for one, not mostyers because whjo the FUCK steals from a monster?

the SIMPLE fucking concept is that you risk nothing trying to steal something from another player you fucking piece of shit dumb asses

fuck

Reported for trolling.

monktoast

Expert
reported for being a dumb fuck piece of shit, this whoel thread is ******** considering im in jail for yellign at a seer who said to stop rez killign a ***** ass grey

Sanguine

Neophyte
This teen is raging so hard lol
And in your OP you definitely identified the problem as stealing from monsters I believe.

If you're too newb to know how to handle thieves and you have to rage this hard, go play some WOW.

Sanguine

Neophyte
OPr just made me rich IRL I think. While reading his last few comments I immediately thought of inventing a new keyboard, made of cloth like material, that works the same as a typical keyboard except that it can also soak up a flood of tears from when children like this inevitably have a tantrum and cry their eyes out.

Darkarna

Grandmaster

fuck

Woahhh, hold your horses here..... There are certainly a few risks involved being a thief. Let me explain :-

Stealing something within town limits has a chance of you getting a halberd embedded in your head. IF this happens and you cheerfully head over to the good ole healers and get magically resurrected after two minutes of staring at the grey screen, you can STILL get attacked and killed by the player you stole from without consequence and have to wait another two minutes. Simple math says "2+2=4!", two minutes initial guard wack, two minutes if you get humped by the player you stole from. This ladies and gentlemen, is Risk number 1!

Thieves are not really much use when it comes to monster farming. Granted, it is still possible to steal from monsters and perhaps loot dead ones, but usually the thieves build is tailored towards stealing from people thus ineffective, UNLESS the thief is a mage or combat related *Even then it is really restricted to what you can kill*. Dungeon crawling without stealth can be pretty evil for a squishy lil thief and even more so without wrestling and resist. Risk number 2!

Thieves are freely attackable, maybe not in a guarded area but outside of towns so anyone can execute a thief without any consequence as thieves can not count. Of course, not all thieves will stand for this and they will retaliate if they are able enough, but the choice is still there if anyone has a severe hatred for them. Risk number 3!

When perma-grey, thieves are freely attackable by anyone, anywhere. There is nothing worse than going on a stealing spree the day before, to log in the next day, steal something of value and get face pumped by someone else casually walking past your escape route who you stole from the day before. Risk number 4.

NPC,s have x-ray vision. If there is a sneaky NPC in a building that you forget to see and you steal from someone, if you fail the stealing check the NPC can see you, call guards and its all downhill from there. Hello Mr Healer, nice to see you again for the 15th time today. Risk number 5.

This is a big one, really big. If a thief decides to attack someone and that someone heads off to kill him/herself, if that individual counts the thief, the thief is kicked out of the thieves guild until the counts decays. This makes the thief pretty much inactive for the duration of the count. Risk number 6.

Most thieves use hiding and stealth nowadays, but tracking can completely disable a thieves ability of surprise, even at its lowest level. This can seriously dampener a thieves day if he/she has been stalking a victim for a while, only to realize that he/she has been tracked and has been taken on a merry lil ride for nothing. Risk number 7.

Detect hidden is tied in with Risk number 7, it can be used at any level and can pretty much cause a thief to commit 'Harry Carry'. Risk number 8.

Last but certainly not least was the time that me and your dear Old mother had a thing going on between us. Your dear Old Dad decided to come back from work early and .... you can imagine the rest. Funnily enough, I learned how to fly that day and I still have his size 12 boot stuck up my ass, no wonder I require a llama to sit on... um..

SteelSexi

Master
Not to mention... all of the risks listed above but I believe that if a thief steals an item, let's pretend a thief steals a nice power scroll someone forgot they had sitting in their pack in town.

Thief is super happy, just stole a +15 taming Power Scroll! OMG! Thief is right by the bank, lots of people around seeing him grey!

Thief tries to open bank box, but his bank box WILL NOT open for several minutes if I remember correctly, so it's not like he can just bank it a second after he steals it. he must hide and stay away from harm for at least like 2 minutes or something before he can bank it.

..Let me know if i am wrong on this.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Not to mention... all of the risks listed above but I believe that if a thief steals an item, let's pretend a thief steals a nice power scroll someone forgot they had sitting in their pack in town.

Thief is super happy, just stole a +15 taming Power Scroll! OMG! Thief is right by the bank, lots of people around seeing him grey!

Thief tries to open bank box, but his bank box WILL NOT open for several minutes if I remember correctly, so it's not like he can just bank it a second after he steals it. he must hide and stay away from harm for at least like 2 minutes or something before he can bank it.

..Let me know if i am wrong on this.

It depends if you go crim for it. Anytime you steal you have 50/50 chance to get g whacked because of a noc seeing through walls or whatever. Anyway. When u steal you can be completely un detected and bank it. Caught only by the player and grey to just him but still bank it. Caught by npc and g whacked. Or cuaght by noc and not g whacked but go grey to everyone i believe and cant acess bank

thiefs risk is failing a steal or finding nothing to steal. your risking your hard earned time for profit. kind of like working on commision.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
i mean if you look at it a certain way, yes, if you play a theif and that's the only thing you do in UO, you probably wont see even the type of gold a dexie could grind in moonglow graveyard.

so all that means is that people should only ever log on their theif for a sure thing, basically scamming. Or at least a high probability of scam success. NOT stealth around yew in the middle of the night hopelessly complaining

Hugrin

well have to reply .I think thiefs are way to easy to play i am a provoker and a real bad PvPer if i provoke say two balrons on each other and a thief comes by and steals from them i end up with nothing the thief won`t flagg grey and when i attack him (provoke the balrons ) i`ll turn grey and he will swoop in with his alt and kill me .
The easter egg event was a good example of how annoying thiefs are i finally got about 10 of them went to the maze to look for the fountain well thingy saw a guy i knew was a thief he stole my eggs and dissapeared later i saw him him parading around with title collector ..
About the perm grey thing i didn`t know about that if i see a blue in town i don`t attack cause i don`t wanna get guard whacked ,besides any thief a bit smart will go suicide after stealing something thus cancelling the perm grey thing . right ?
And also if they a bit smart they will have a alt nearby to get the loot when they get guard whacked had that happen a lot to me i am a slow looter besides i didn`t realise i was stolen from till it was too late froze up in shock and looked in the thiefs corpse and the loot was already gone .
but that is just my 2 cents

Kraden

Grandmaster
well have to reply .I think thiefs are way to easy to play i am a provoker and a real bad PvPer if i provoke say two balrons on each other and a thief comes by and steals from them i end up with nothing the thief won`t flagg grey and when i attack him (provoke the balrons ) i`ll turn grey and he will swoop in with his alt and kill me .
The easter egg event was a good example of how annoying thiefs are i finally got about 10 of them went to the maze to look for the fountain well thingy saw a guy i knew was a thief he stole my eggs and dissapeared later i saw him him parading around with title collector ..
About the perm grey thing i didn`t know about that if i see a blue in town i don`t attack cause i don`t wanna get guard whacked ,besides any thief a bit smart will go suicide after stealing something thus cancelling the perm grey thing . right ?
And also if they a bit smart they will have a alt nearby to get the loot when they get guard whacked had that happen a lot to me i am a slow looter besides i didn`t realise i was stolen from till it was too late froze up in shock and looked in the thiefs corpse and the loot was already gone .
but that is just my 2 cents

1 - If a thief is perma grey but showing blue and you attack him then he will go grey and not you
2 - The Easter event Well Area was a trammie zone with no stealing so all you had to do was dismount and walk in

Hugrin

1 - If a thief is perma grey but showing blue and you attack him then he will go grey and not you
2 - The Easter event Well Area was a trammie zone with no stealing so all you had to do was dismount and walk in
well didn`t know that i was just trying my best to outrun him so he woulden`t steal my precious easter eggs i failed obviously and i was riding my ethy indeed ;-)
and i think much more people didn`t know cause i saw him later with the title collector :)
Also if i had something stolen the day before in town by a guy and i see him the next day in town i don`t attack him cause he might have died in between and i could get guard whacked .
And also like i said i don`t like killing people i run or die from PK`s and am really a bad PvPer i am a PvM player .