Lethal Poison ********

PescadoMojado

Apprentice
I used to be able to cure Lethal w/ a greater cure pot. Now they don't work at all. Magic seems to work a "little" better, but not much. So I started using orange petals. However, they don't work either.

It's pretty ******** that the poison was increased to a point where it is INCURABLE.

Can we get this turned back down to a reasonable level? This is level 6 poison so it has nothing to do with PVP so I don't understand why it's been made so OP.

PescadoMojado

Apprentice
It's not incurable at all. It's lethal not friendly.

It is incurable when you are using orange petals, drinking 10 - 15 cure pots, spamming cure spell, and still even though you tried to cure like 20 times, and even though your a GM Mage and GM alchemist and under the influence of poison resistant orange petals, you still die no matter what.

That is incurable.

It's happened to me MANY MANY times since they modified it.

halygon

Grandmaster
I used to be able to cure Lethal w/ a greater cure pot. Now they don't work at all. Magic seems to work a "little" better, but not much. So I started using orange petals. However, they don't work either.

It's pretty ******** that the poison was increased to a point where it is INCURABLE.

Can we get this turned back down to a reasonable level? This is level 6 poison so it has nothing to do with PVP so I don't understand why it's been made so OP.

Your preaching to the choir. THAT is the only reason ppl use a poisoner dexxor template on this shard because it is so over powered. I noticed this immediately when I switched to uof.

halygon

Grandmaster
Going to ask the obvious question first... Are you using greater cure pots?
He stated that in the first post. When hit by lethal poison it seems the *only* way to cure it is through casting cure as a GM Mage. Shitty if you ask me.

Enthalpic

Grandmaster
I love watching poison dexxers run to their death in Sham level 5 cuz they cant gcure out of the poison from a poison ele!

halygon

Grandmaster
Yeah arch cure can cure higher lvl poisons, but the point of this thread is to state that lethal poison has no place in pvp due to its OPness.

I mean who the hell can constantly cast arch cure to cure themselves? Mages( and not to mention dexxors) would be mana tapped very quickly. It's an unfair trait of dexxor poisoners that should be removed to even out the play field.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Yeah arch cure can cure higher lvl poisons, but the point of this thread is to state that lethal poison has no place in pvp due to its OPness.

I mean who the hell can constantly cast arch cure to cure themselves? Mages( and not to mention dexxors) would be mana tapped very quickly. It's an unfair trait of dexxor poisoners that should be removed to even out the play field.

he even said in op that its lvl6 poison so not involved in pvp...

PescadoMojado

Apprentice
I think the reason lvl 6 is so crazy now is because they adjusted poison/cures to make pvp poison more viable at lvl5 (dp) (so you can't just spam cure pots to counter). Just a guess, don't see any reason why they would mess w/ pvm (hard enough for them on this server as it is.)

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
So there's:

Lesser Poison (1)

Normal Poison (2)

Greater Poison (3)

Deadly Poison (4)

and Lethal Poison (5)

I know on OSI you have a chance to inflict level 5 poison with 120 poisoning skill, but since there are no Poisoning powerscrolls on UOF, what's all this talk about level 5 poison in PvP?

halygon

Grandmaster
So there's:

Lesser Poison (1)

Normal Poison (2)

Greater Poison (3)

Deadly Poison (4)

and Lethal Poison (5)

I know on OSI you have a chance to inflict level 5 poison with 120 poisoning skill, but since there are no Poisoning powerscrolls on UOF, what's all this talk about level 5 poison in PvP?

Thanks for pointing out the correct lvls of poison.. I was gonna leave i but I'm glad it's out there. I also don't know what this talk of modified cures or whatever is.

The point I was trying to make is that if a dexxor has GM poisoning and has applied dp to his/her weapon, they have not only a 40% chance of inflicting on EACH hit, they also have a chance of inflicting one poison lvl higher than on their weapon.. Hence lethal poison in pvp. Also hence gcure pots can't cure it and hence the spell cure from a GM Mage is needed to successfully cure it sometimes or arch cure to cure it most of the time.

PescadoMojado

Apprentice
Up until a couple months ago, you could cure any poison with 1 or 2 gcure pots. Now they don't even work. GM mage casting cure would cure everything as well. Now cure pots, orange petals, cure and arch cure DO NOT WORK. The devs adjusted the cures effectiveness to help pvp poisoners be more viable (i assume). Unfortunately it made the game extremely annoying and ******** when you can't cure lethal poison and basically have to bring your alt to res you if your fighting any mobs that can cast lethal.

On that note, its a 15 year old game that these guys didn't even develop, why they keep dicking with the rules like this is wow or something I have no idea. Isn't 15 years long enough to decide on a ruleset and stick with it? just my 2 cents