Legendary Crafting Changes

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah everything else we know how it drops, on certain monsters and whatnot. How about the recipes?

Looks like they are only obtainable through random drops at champs?

And once one has a recipe...are they one-time use? Able to be added to a hammer and stays with the hammer? Or possibly just reveals the recipe to the user and is transferrable to othercrafters?
I'm just gonna follow up to my own questions here to put more information out on Legendary Crafting:

Recipes are available as champ/RDA drops as are the ingredients.

Recipes are "learned" by the crafter and can be repeated as long as you have the proper ingredients.

That is all.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Bumping this thread and creating a new one.

@Shane you said that there were nearly 30 recipes that you guys had the ability to add. It has been over a year with the same 5 recipes. It is time.

Recipes actually sold for a little bit of gold at first but are now utterly worthless. They commonly drop from both champs and RDAs but ingredients only drop from champs. I throw the recipes on the ground.

It is time for an update. I was going to post some suggestions on different graphics and ingredients/recipes but I'm curious to see if we can get a little glimpse of what else you guys had in the works.

PvM received a ton of attention with meta pets and dexers. PvP received a ton of attention recently. Let's give crafter some love shall we?

@Adam @eppy for good measure.

tankian

Grandmaster
^^^ this its almost worthless to own a soulforge, not many different type of recipes out there and the ingredients are nearly impossible to find.
please fix this @Adam @eppy

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ this its almost worthless to own a soulforge, not many different type of recipes out there and the ingredients are nearly impossible to find.

So much this.

Stop making everything new so ridiculous to obtain.

Not every player wants to spend hours grinding bosses or RDA fights that require groups of people to kill just to have a "chance" of getting an item you need.

Not everything new you publish needs to be some ultra super rare item only obtained from RDA's or Champ spawns.

Really disheartening to have this whole section of crafting that Crafters can't have access to unless they have an alt participate in RDA's and Champ Spawns.

Make new Ore that you can only mine by reaching 105, 110, 115 and 120 Mining. In addition to the new ore types you can then add new Granite Types. These could be used in order to make new items utilizing the Soul Forge.

So much you can do in order to add new content for crafters that doesn't require participating in RDA's and Champ Spawns.

Hell make them a BOD Reward. That would make way more sense then having them as random drops on RDA and Champ Bosses. Nobody even bothers with Weapon BOD's anymore, that's a perfect area where you could revamp the rewards and add unique content to the game.

You have a brand new Island, make unique resources that can only be harvested from Booty Island via mining/lumberjack skill.

I'm finding myself logging on less and less since the only activities worth doing end game is grinding RDA's,Champ Spawns and Relics.

So much this.

Not every player wants to spend hours grinding bosses or RDA fights that require groups of people to kill just to have a "chance" of getting an item you need.

Not everything new you publish needs to be some ultra super rare item only obtained from RDA's or Champ spawns.

Really disheartening to have this whole section of crafting that Crafters can't have access to unless they have an alt participate in RDA's and Champ Spawns.

Make new Ore that you can only mine by reaching 105, 110, 115 and 120 Mining. In addition to the new ore types you can then add new Granite Types. These could be used in order to make new items utilizing the Soul Forge.

So much you can do in order to add new content for crafters that doesn't require participating in RDA's and Champ Spawns.

Hell make them a BOD Reward. That would make way more sense then having them as random drops on RDA and Champ Bosses. Nobody even bothers with Weapon BOD's anymore, that's a perfect area where you could revamp the rewards and add unique content to the game.

You have a brand new Island, make unique resources that can only be harvested from Booty Island via mining/lumberjack skill.

I'm finding myself logging on less and less since the only activities worth doing end game is grinding RDA's,Champ Spawns and Relics.

Well 120 Mining allows us to get crystal shards in RDA's and higher level dungeons to make a crystal workbench for slayer armors, but that's about all i've seen from a crafting perspective as well as better smelting.

It would be awesome to have something more for house sieges/PvP. Maybe locked down catapults that have an AOE damage, but still need crafted ammunition from the soulforge from components in higher level dungeons. I always love when craftable item can be used in PvP/PvM

amonseti

Grandmaster
So much this.

Yes I agree .. And a great reason to resserect this thread .. @Shane @Adam
I have been asking for new "Rare" ore types since the "Dawn" .. and plenty of them this is my exsample
Based on your minning skill passed 100 there would be 4 new rarity tiers of ores that have a chance to be minned up during the regular minning process..
Tiers are as follows:
Tier 4 chance, requires 105 minning skill (5% chance to be pulled instead of base ore)
Tier 3 chance, requires 110 minning skill (3% chance to be pulled instead of base ore)
Tier 2 chance, requires 115 minning skill (2% chance to be pulled instead of base ore)
Tier 1 chance, requires 120 minning skill (1% chance to be pulled instead of base ore)
Each Ore type mined has a rare ore type in one of these tiers that have a chance to be obtained
as follows

an "Iron node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = Aluminum
T3 = Nickle
T2 = Steel
T1 = Brass

an "Dull Copper node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Lead"
T3 = "Tin"
T2 = "Zinc"
T1 = "Carbon"

an "Shadow node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Wrought Iron"
T3 = "Wrought Steel"
T2 = "Wrought Brass"
T1 = "Black Gold" (*no not oil silly)

an "Copper node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Molybdenum"
T3 = "Nikolite"
T2 = "Chromium"
T1 = "Ancient Copper"

an "Bronze node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Ardite"
T3 = "Dull Titanium"
T2 = "Titanium"
T1 = "Admantium"

an "Gold node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Pyrite"
T3 = "Pure Silver"
T2 = "Pure Gold"
T1 = "Pure Platinum"

an "Agapite node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Blood Iron"
T3 = "Cinnabar"
T2 = "Tungsten"
T1 = "Phoenix gold"

an "Verite node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Dull Gold"
T3 = "Vanadium"
T2 = "Mercury" *
T1 = "Uranium"

an "Valorite node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Cobalt"
T3 = "Frost Iron"
T2 = "Deistic Gold"
T1 = "Electrum"

Of course each Ore type would have have a unique hue. Tier 1 being the most sought after IE "Electrum could be a falloon'ish colored blue, which would produce metal armor of that color".

Blacksmithing with these rare ors would also require the proper skill. ie T1 ore's require 105 Blacksmithy to T4 requiring 120 smithing min to work with it . And the same gos for any other skills that use ore / ingots .

Smelting the ore however would not change the tier would follow its base ore type for smelting Success. IE smelting Electrum would be the same as smelting Valorite.

anyhow just me thought on this ..

** Additionally: would also love to see a way to obtain thos large gems we see here and there ("prodominetally in orc fort")

Bromista

Grandmaster
Large gems would be great.

BTW I hear there now is a slim chance to mine up the large boulders that were on the dono vendor for a brief period of time.