Leaving UO. Giving away all my stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being able to play uo again was a lot of fun. I had a lot of good times playing. Never thought I would gm taming again let alone 2 more times. And collected a lot of different items including a keep and a 18x18 with Lots of statues blessed clothing and tons of other stuff. Looking for ideas of how can give this stuff away. Don't want to give stuff to people who already have alot. But don't want people taking it who don't know the value of the stuff. Anyone have any ideas? If there is something you want post below with a message of why I should give it to you.
Ps I'm not giving all my stuff to just 1 person.

Macunzo

Adept
If you don't have good friends in UOF, give the keep to the devs for a raffle. In that way you help everyone (gold raffle), or you say thanks to the devs for their great work (donation raffle).

Everything else, just bank it, cuz you will be back!

Dazmiuth

Neophyte
Yes, keep as much stuff as you can. I think most people would rather have you back than to have your stuff.

Sewer Rat

Journeyman
I would agree with having a raffle for the keep. This is fun and exciting for the playerbase and removes a little bit of gold from the economy. Sell the hot ticket items for a bargain and sit on the the gold you obtain for when you come back. Stop fooling yourself into believing you are finished, because you are NOT. This game is and will always be like no other.. We all come back and when you get that urge, the money will be there for you to hit the ground running. So, until you return, good luck to you!!

Mango

Grandmaster
I don't think we ever met in game, so I just wanted to stop by and say Farewell Traveler! Even though you're leaving us, I hope something kick-ass happens in your near future <3

Brun

Novice
I was gone for years, never thought I'd have that itching to ebolt people to death again... be ebolted to death again... but alas, it never goes away.

amonseti

Grandmaster
What I always envisioned doing is putting rare items in bags and 1 at a time id take a bag with me into a dungeon with rummaging spawn types .. letting them kill me and have them rummage the bag off my corpse .. and vola a nice surprize for whom ever kills that spawn.

But like everyone else has said I agree with. Keep as much as you can, and raffle the keep..
After all we are all playing this game now because we had a desire to return to UO in the first place, once a UO player always a UO player this game will becon you to no end and its part of you now weather you like it or not ,, why else would we all play a dated classic with ancient graphics. We are meer fish, and will one day return home to where it all started .... UO "Forever" !

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Being able to play uo again was a lot of fun. I had a lot of good times playing. Never thought I would gm taming again let alone 2 more times. And collected a lot of different items including a keep and a 18x18 with Lots of statues blessed clothing and tons of other stuff. Looking for ideas of how can give this stuff away. Don't want to give stuff to people who already have alot. But don't want people taking it who don't know the value of the stuff. Anyone have any ideas? If there is something you want post below with a message of why I should give it to you.
Ps I'm not giving all my stuff to just 1 person.

I would do one of these things with whatever you give me:

1) use it to hook newbies I talk to when I'm doing the companion thing.

2) give it to people who get pkd but put up a good fight, don't *****, or who I notice doing something nice for someone else in game.

3). If you have cool pixels I can throw them up on display in the charcoal castle and never sell them. I think it's the best canvas for fancy pixels. And obv you can have them back if you want or something.

4). If it was me I would put everything on display in the keep. Do a house drop event, and slowly release each item and either let them decay or put them in a trash barrel.

Gabriel Garcia

Apprentice
You should consider hooking up the person (DocOp) who just made a thread (called "Suggestions plz") because he mentioned he has like 4-5 buddies who are all playing as well. It's always cool to see a group of friends migrate to a server.

Kears

Master
Would like to have your keep to continue its presence if you are really leaving and doesn't want to sell.
Reason: Luv UO and will be making use of the keep as a real house, not as a property agent and reselling it or whatsoever :)

I don't have alot, but have enough to know the value of things. Yup, that's me all right.

Let me know, thanks.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Hey Tony. I'm still in love with that beetle statue. Would love to have it. Will kill people/perform sexual favors/ dance/ server you as personal jester.

PaPa

Journeyman
Pick me!!!!

I'll sell it all!!!

I live in Vegas IRL

I'll squander every penny on in game BlackJack and proceed to feed my new addiction into RL. I'll start with craps and squander my mortgage, car and health insurance payments.

I'll finish with hiring a hitman to kill my wife for her life insurance policy, get caught and spend 20 years in prison.

On second thought, as a week old player, you can keep your fortune....I'm all about starting from scratch. =)

"I", or YOU should just make an event and pick up pack horses and drop all your stuff at brit bank for a free for all.

IDOC and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.