LAUGHING..... MY FKIN ASS OFF.... CAN, NOT, BREATHE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bane

Master
Uh, so, Shane bought AZ out. That's why. Hostile take over. No proof though. Just a rumor.
I call BS on that. I was there for Az's various meltdowns in IPY1 and IPY2. Granted I was a little surprised that he melted down before launch this time but we all knew it was coming.

Now IPY1 and 2 had some really cool ideas and systems but the abuses possible were never fixed. Az had major follow through issues. Always over promising and under delivering which burned out his programmers (Az doesn't code).

Say what you want about the admins here but our expansion arrived on time (a 3 day rollout is on time by UO Freeshard standards) and had pretty much everything they said would be in it.

Also if they did buy the code base for IPY to kickstart the next expansion I would say money well spent. I donate to keep the shard healthy and running well. So if that means we get a kickass T2A expansion much earlier then my money is being spent well.

Bapes

Adept
Also if they did buy the code base for IPY to kickstart the next expansion I would say money well spent. I donate to keep the shard healthy and running well. So if that means we get a kickass T2A expansion much earlier then my money is being spent well.

Yeah, who wouldn't want Shane to buy out a bunch of code(likely at a big discount) that is just going to in the trash anyway? That would be great if UOF bought up some of their stuff.

Antelope

Apprentice
Not sure why you guys are so happy. Sure most of us(including me) would never touch ipy shards, but there is a place for everything.

We should NOT be happy that part of our UO community, great or small, should fail.

Having multiple shards with different play styles brings on more players and grows the small community of free shard players. Products like razor and uosteam would never get developed if only one shard existed.

As much as we didn't like ipy's approach to UO, and hence are here on UO:F, we should be sad that it is gone.

Because Azeroth is an asshole. Really that simple.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
IPY2 probably did help bring a few people back into the UO scene which is cool.
It's fitting however that IPY3 died before it started and took down the whole ipy ship at the same time.
It's basically the same as ipy2 except without the whole launch and slow death phases.
It got promised, then it didn't happen.

However, I don't see it as all bad. I myself and my fellow guildys had probably the best time ever on ipy2 lol. some guildys even played ipy1 and said it was a blast. I couldn't believe ipy3 was planning a launch so soon after the way it ate dirt.

Alot of people blamed the staff for the problems but in reality, t2a is boring because there's only really one template to play if you PvP. Hallymage. Gets boring after a year, by the end of ipy2 there was 4 banksitters left and all the pvpers went to other games. Everyone who quit IPY did so because they were bored of t2a. Everyone else got banned lol.

Thats why t2a while in t2a here on UOF will be a big hit! Even poor Az knew this and decided to make a UOR zone in the same type of way, referred to as the goldenlands. But that just never happened because he fell into the trolls and they ate him alive.

Personally I can't even imagine a better UO version than UOF. I know right now theres a few quirks left, but alot has been accomplished, alot of which I believe will be the footwork for a stable and well balanced future where the best is yet to come.

TraJik

Grandmaster
I've actually had 5-10 people stop me in game and ask me if I was going to IPY because I played both IPY 1 and 2. My response, F$@#%$r NO! "Only a f$*I@#$ * would play IPY 3 because az is a bipolar dipshit. Anyone wasting time on IPY 3 deserves whats coming to them."

Well heck! They didn't even launch before az pulled the plug as everyone knew that they would.

S

Shane

Uh, so, Shane bought AZ out. That's why. Hostile take over. No proof though. Just a rumor.

This couldn't be more wrong.

We have some of the best developers in the entire RunUO community. IF we wanted to make a t2a server it wouldn't be tough, they are much easier than creating UO:R servers hands down.

I feel really bad for those developers who spent HOURS and HOURS developing systems for that server just to have it never see the light of day? Thats the cruel part in the end of ALL of it. Not what he did to players or the community, but the fact that he used talented people in the end for no reason.

With that said i am going to close the thread as i just feel it is a bit negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.