Lag spikes since DDOS

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
i feel like ever since the. Attacks I have still been having severe lag spikes, jumping from 60 to 1400.. Anyone else having these issues? I"m on the east coast so I don't think location should be an issue, I did upgrade my provider speed yesterday so I'm hoping to see some improvemt there.. Really just wondering if I'm the only one.

Jani

Grandmaster
Try playing with lowerping, wtfast or battleping and connecting to nyc. Lowerping has helped me to avoid lag spikes. You can try the trial for free.

I love this new server. I'm getting 140-180 in game ping which is much better than any other server was.

Yohee

Expert
Hmm - for the last ~18 hours I've been sitting on unplayable levels of lag, between 800 and 1.2 using ingame -ping.

Outside of the recent DDOS I've never really had a problem (I am a NZ player so a slight delay is expected). I tried lowerping last night - no change.

I AM on a new laptop though - although it's been fine the last week so would seem odd that it's suddenly the setup. Just me or has it been a bit slower yesterday/today?

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
been using lower ping and it seems like it may be helping, this morning has had some weird lag.. just spiked 5000? anyone else?

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I have to say that this server has been one of the best. I've not had any lag spikes, and while it's not the 50ms when it was in Chicago, 72ms stable isn't bad. :)