Killed in my house with walls up.

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
Pretty sure you can use the hiding skill 100% in your house. Might as well take advantage of that while you're afk too.

On a side note, How and why does Detect Hidden work through walls??

@Sommerella So is it 3 tiles or 2? (for earthquake and stuff) You said 3, other guy said 2.. does it matter on z axis on a second floor?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Meteor Swarm, Earthquake. and if they can get to a nearby house or something and throw pots directly above you..they can manipulate the Z axis glitch and kill you with explo pots....no matter where in your house you are.

ALWAYS HIDE in your house....or get a cellar :p
Can still be killed in a cellar, and it's not too hard either.

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
So.. Bad news for the majority of house owners..

Testing it to see if it was 3 or 2 tiles...

Earthquake can damage you up to six tiles inside your house and it doesn't matter which floor.. So if you're on the top floor, six tiles say from the outside wall, you can still be murdered.. Gotta be 7 tiles in to be safe.

Overpowered earthquake is yes?

halygon

Grandmaster
So.. Bad news for the majority of house owners..

Testing it to see if it was 3 or 2 tiles...

Earthquake can damage you up to six tiles inside your house and it doesn't matter which floor.. So if you're on the top floor, six tiles say from the outside wall, you can still be murdered.. Gotta be 7 tiles in to be safe.

Overpowered earthquake is yes?
Earthquake is 8 tiles from caster and all other AoE spells hit three tiles from targeted tile.

What this means is that even in a 7x7, there is one center tile that AoE spells cannot hit you.

If your custom house is designed poorly though, you can be:

*Targeted through windows
*Targeted through corners missing the corner piece
*Exp pots can be thrown under house (only in specific circumstances)

Keep in mind that UO does not have a true Z-axis. Instead it has layers. If an AoE spell targets a tile on one layer, then it will also hit all layers that are above or below that specific tile (and tiles within range of damage).

Sommerella

Master
Also, make sure you've locked your doors.

I have forgotten to do so after re-customizing. Those who don't want murder counts will drag spawn in to have it kill you.
I suspect there will be more of this since you cannot flag in a house without getting booted out. So anybody who wants to kill you and also loot you if they can get in, will have spawn do all the work.

This happened to me a while ago actually. My red, and a blue alt were afk in my house. Somebody was smart enough to drag spawn in to kill my red (why they just didn't do it themselves, ill never know). I come back to my computer, red dead. BUT my blue was standing close enough to her that I scavenged my own head. So now the spawn has to kill my blue. By the time I get back I see my blue getting attacked and somebody just chillin' in there watching. Pretty funny.

I banned him and the ettin he drug in. If it weren't for my scavenger I would of been a bit upset. Check yo shit, or afk at the docks, best advice I can give.

gzuf

Novice
Even if you hide some will find you with tracking. This has happened to me, I think the guy who got me was 'a forever troll'? Haha whatever took it as a lesson learned just log out or keep an eye on it. Whatever.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You would have really made a song and dance about things if this server used the old housing system IE keys and no secure storage, good times >:).

Bromista

Grandmaster
Mmmmm is it possible to kill with EQ if enough go off when a players health is low enough?

EQ halves health with each hit...mayyybe if you are 1hp and 8 EQs hit you but I kinda doubt it + effort involved in pulling that off would not be worth it.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Mmmmm is it possible to kill with EQ if enough go off when a players health is low enough?

EQ halves health with each hit...mayyybe if you are 1hp and 8 EQs hit you but I kinda doubt it + effort involved in pulling that off would not be worth it.

Shiiiiiit I would make that effort if it worked