Keep statloss, however remove str/dex/int loss

halygon

Grandmaster
Is it really going to bother someone if they slightly change stat loss without changing the overall dynamics of it? We're still going to have bounties and a penalty.

Like I said at the beginning of this thread.. your suggestion will not change a thing. It's not just "elite" PvPers that do not want to play at a disadvantage, its any red. Who would want to play at such a disadvantage?

IMO I think the stat loss is too long, it should be a set time period like four hours or something. Just long enough that the fighting will be over that you died in, but not so long that it ruins your day of UOF fun. But this type of opinion matters little to the staff and the majority of Blue players.

Yewguards

Expert
Like I said at the beginning of this thread.. your suggestion will not change a thing. It's not just "elite" PvPers that do not want to play at a disadvantage, its any red. Who would want to play at such a disadvantage?

IMO I think the stat loss is too long, it should be a set time period like four hours or something. Just long enough that the fighting will be over that you died in, but not so long that it ruins your day of UOF fun. But this type of opinion matters little to the staff and the majority of Blue players.
I think your solution is one of many we could "test" and see what happens. Me personally, I know several reds that wouldn't mind running around with 80 skill for the rest of the day. Or even 100 str/stats and 75% skill loss. 1v1 pvp will sucks, but you can still at least escape danger from a blue or plan a well thought out group strategy.

I could go either way though, less time while in stat can also work.

Kael

Master
I'd be cool with some of these changes. I think you would need to add in that you could not continue to get restatted and basically starting over your two day stat loss timer

halygon

Grandmaster
I'd be cool with some of these changes. I think you would need to add in that you could not continue to get restatted and basically starting over your two day stat loss timer
Nah, you should always be able to be re-stat'd. If you choose to play while stated and die, then you chose to have the chance to lose your head and continue your stat loss. Its the cost of playing a red -- regardless of your current status.

Yewguards

Expert
Nah, you should always be able to be re-stat'd. If you choose to play while stated and die, then you chose to have the chance to lose your head and continue your stat loss. Its the cost of playing a red -- regardless of your current status.
Correct, but you should be able to play your red after being stated. It's impossible to do that with 60 str.

VonNeumann

Apprentice
I am pretty sure the point of nerfing someone that bad during stat loss IS TO PREVENT them from playing.

So why not just ban the player for 2 days when their head gets turned in? What difference would it make?

Also why bother calculating 1 hour for every 2 counts? No PK cares to keep their counts low and reduce stat loss time.

Both of these mechanics have the potential to add more dynamics to PKing, but are not due to the way they were implemented. What we have now definitely works by indiscriminately punishing all PKs, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be improved.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
So why not just ban the player for 2 days when their head gets turned in? What difference would it make?
In reality -- probably no difference. It would keep players from accessing their 1337 loot during that time. .... And I guess for those that don't care about losing their heads -- they wouldn't be able to attempt a PK and lose their head.

Yewguards

Expert

Also why bother calculating 1 hour for every 2 counts? No PK cares to keep their counts low and reduce stat loss time.

Both of these mechanics have the potential to add more dynamics to PKing, but are not due to the way they were implemented. What we have now definitely works by indiscriminately punishing all PKs, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be improved.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
LOL, that's a great point. Hence the creation on this thread. Reds should be able to play with statloss. Maybe they lose every l33t pvp battle while in statloss, but they shouldn't have 60 str.

Kael

Master

I get what your saying. But wouldn't that end up delaying the inevitable...and that is people logging out and not playing for a couple of days in order to just get out of stat loss completely? I would think in that case the cost of being a red would be the huge disadvantage you suffer for two days. But regardless...any change would be welcome.

Yewguards

Expert
Well in that case, why change pvp, monsters, weapon skills etc? If nox mage is the best mage, let's tell the entire shard to just make a nox mage template. Oh yeah and if weapon skills are nerfed, then why can't these crybabies all just make mages to begin with? Like gees people, these little changes are pointless. lol

K A Z, you're an elite pvp, pker and I always like interacting with you in game. However a small change to statloss isn't going to hurt anyone or be the end of the world. The only thing it would create is reds not making 5 red chars and playing with a disadvantage. With that said, you'll still get hardcore pvpers that log out and idle on a blue, create a second pk or just quit. That's another topic entirely....

halygon

Grandmaster
However a small change to statloss isn't going to hurt anyone or be the end of the world.
Probably won't hurt anyone. But I think the important thing is that IT WONT HELP ANYONE either. This change will not make a difference, so why make it at all. I think the PvPers of the community can easily come up with at least 5 other items that should be addressed first.

Time and Effort..

Yewguards

Expert
Probably won't hurt anyone. But I think the important thing is that IT WONT HELP ANYONE either. This change will not make a difference, so why make it at all. I think the PvPers of the community can easily come up with at least 5 other items that should be addressed first.

Time and Effort..
Actually this wouldn't take a lot of time or effort. We are talking about tweaking statloss levels, not implementing new coding. Also your statement of it wont help anyone is an opinion. There are statloss posts created once a week and already support on this thread that show otherwise. I have spoken to several red rp communities that would move in here in a heart beat if the statloss was slightly changed. There are also tons of players that simply log out when they get stated.

halygon

Grandmaster
Actually this wouldn't take a lot of time or effort. We are talking about tweaking statloss levels, not implementing new coding. Also your statement of it wont help anyone is an opinion. There are statloss posts created once a week and already support on this thread that show otherwise. I have spoken to several red rp communities that would move in here in a heart beat if the statloss was slightly changed. There are also tons of players that simply log out when they get stated.
I do have a way of making my opinion fact.. you are right. :D