Just wonderinf

GimpCent

Grandmaster
The patch notes have been locked for 24 hrs. I assumed they were locked because Shane was going to answer the questions but today passed without that happening.

Shane said before locking the thread

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/publish-6b-october-29th-2015.69055/page-2#post-505743

"This is the reason i have not replied yet, it was about letting the questions build up so we can post them in one large Q and A"

Why was the thread locked preventing questions from building up. It is only on page 2, that doesn't make any sense being no questions were answered in lieu of locking the thread.

Wouldn't it make more sense to "let questions build up"?

Respectfully isn't this the opposite of that? It has been days and our legitmate concerns have only been met with relative absolute silence. I don't understand why that is the case when we all carry the internet around in our pockets. :(

@Adam @Shane @Mercedies

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
There were over 150+ posts, and those were the only questions within all those posts, even after stating twice that it was suppose to be questions only. The thread was more personal views and opinions instead of questions, which is valued as well, however people were to make another post in general about it if they wanted to discuss those.

If you have any other questions we will add them. We are going to be making a update news post on the issues here soon.

Zorlac

Journeyman
@Shane
I don't even want to imagine what a stressful clusterfudge today was for you guys on the inside. I too am a little disappointed about how things have gone this weekend but a little suffering only makes us stronger. I am for sure making a donation tomorrow because despite the suckiness of the problems we have all endured I extra appreciate the work you guys do and have enjoyed the holiday content we have been able to experience. I'm still a bit concerned about the murderer status changes and fear we could be overwhelmed with bounty hunters but I feel confident you guys will make changes if it turns out to be a heavy duty parity shift.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
@Zorlac Correct me if I am wrong but I feel this system will thrive with more bounty hunters as targets for shamed pks, and thus negating stat loss options so much. Lots of controversy and unknowing here understandably, and as usual the unknown is often the most frightening.

Zorlac

Journeyman
@Zorlac Correct me if I am wrong but I feel this system will thrive with more bounty hunters as targets for shamed pks, and thus negating stat loss options so much. Lots of controversy and unknowing here understandably, and as usual the unknown is often the most frightening.

Maybe I am out of date on where the changes lie/fell but unless you are a 1+ pk (and possibly even then) I think the pros of being a bounty hunter outweigh those of being a solo pk. A lot is going to weigh on the interest of the server population but I can only see itt dissuading solo reds from trolling dungeons. I can also see it increase the numbers in/of red zergs and in the end give less of a chance to that solo player that just want to get along and kill stuff to make a dime. I think a key to not causing an over run of bounty hunters is to make those that wish to pursue bounty hunting give up 100 points to tracking and enable them from working in groups .

Kilike

Grandmaster
Maybe I am out of date on where the changes lie/fell but unless you are a 1+ pk (and possibly even then) I think the pros of being a bounty hunter outweigh those of being a solo pk. A lot is going to weigh on the interest of the server population but I can only see itt dissuading solo reds from trolling dungeons. I can also see it increase the numbers in/of red zergs and in the end give less of a chance to that solo player that just want to get along and kill stuff to make a dime. I think a key to not causing an over run of bounty hunters is to make those that wish to pursue bounty hunting give up 100 points to tracking and enable them from working in groups .
***** blues will still be blue/orange. Reds don't need added benefits. The benefit is being able to attack whomever where ever (minus towns). Some of the "pvpers" have forgotten that. Still amazes me that the biggest red zerg is the one crying the most.

Sent from my SM-G900P

GimpCent

Grandmaster
***** blues will still be blue/orange. Reds don't need added benefits. The benefit is being able to attack whomever where ever (minus towns). Some of the "pvpers" have forgotten that. Still amazes me that the biggest red zerg is the one crying the most.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Not everything is crying just because I disagree with your opinion. That is a childish mindset to entertain respectfully....

i3zAEQg.gif

Being part of EQ/MS doesn't regulate any of us to one player type. I know that narrow mindset makes it much easier to argue against our logic on this issue but that simply isn't true.

One moment I may be mining ore, the next I may be lost in conversation near the bank
Believe it or not I PvM like you, and I even have a crafter
; *gasps*

Udl8ftU.jpg

The good thing about Ultima Online is its very sandbox nature. It has remained the same for 15 years now regardless of guild... Just like real life there is conversatives and libertarians and every other type of nutjob. I value freedom to allow for bad things to good people. I value player justice when done right (bounty hunters) but account shaming and perma skill loss are highly questionable clearly.

I have repeatedly admitted slight changes needed to be made. With that said I don't understand the broken form in which these changes were knowingly released to say the very least.

You haven't even come to terms with admitting even that part of our concerns. :(

We have legitimate concerns and you aren't blind so I fail to understand how you can repeatedly stand in our way unless you are purely ignorant on other playstyles.

What I am doing is not crying its voicing legitimate concerns. There is quite a difference.

Zorlac

Journeyman

Sent from my SM-G900P

I 'm sorry I went totally off topic but yes I do play in group sometimes but it is hardly near the biggest zerg and certainly not the most effective (by design). I think we may fail to see to see the effects this change could have. I mostly (and prefer) to play a solo pk but I really think the bounty hunter install is going to promote group pvp and limit solo pks to afk griefers instead of folks just looking to start a fight with another active player just to see what happens. I can see how the reverse could be said of the bounty hunter class but I hope that will make you realize exactly how big of a change this could end up being considering instead of losing your gear and fame, shame ( full account temporary stat loss) or permanent character stat loss is in effect for the prey .

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Not everything is crying just because I disagree with your opinion. That is a childish mindset to entertain respectfully....

i3zAEQg.gif

Being part of EQ/MS doesn't regulate any of us to one player type. I know that narrow mindset makes it much easier to argue against our logic on this issue but that simply isn't true.

One moment I may be mining ore, the next I may be lost in conversation near the bank
; *gasps* who would of thought!

Udl8ftU.jpg

The good thing about Ultima Online is its very sandbox nature. I value freedom, and that doesn't change which what guild I am in. It has remained the same for 15 years now regardless of guild... Just like real life there is conversatives and libertarians and every other type of nutjob. Sorry if I value freedom :)

I have repeatedly admitted slight changes needed to be made. With that said I don't understand the broken form in which these changes were knowingly released to say the very least.

You haven't even come to terms with admitting even that part of our concerns. :(

We have legitimate concerns and you aren't blind so I fail to understand how you can repeatedly stand in our way unless you are purely ignorant on other playstyles.

What I am doing is not crying its voicing legitimate concerns. There is quite a difference if your mind wasn't so prone to dramatics I would imagine you would use reason.

The context in which you have put this is all that was required from the past. A solid post without any reason to condemn.

FrogX

Expert

I couldn't agree more.! I have 3 PKs, a blue factioner, a farmer, crafter, and treasure hunter. I'm not sure where all these people who only have 1 playstyle are hiding out, because everyone I've talked to has some variety. Only having one 'playstyle' would be like playing a cookie-cutter MMO and having all your characters be the same class.

Kilike

Grandmaster

i3zAEQg.gif

Udl8ftU.jpg

The good thing about Ultima Online is its very sandbox nature. I value freedom, and that doesn't change which what guild I am in. It has remained the same for 15 years now regardless of guild... Just like real life there is conversatives and libertarians and every other type of nutjob. Sorry if I value freedom :)

What I am doing is not crying its voicing legitimate concerns. There is quite a difference if your mind wasn't so prone to dramatics I would imagine you would use reason.
That's the @GimpCent I like to see. You didn't need to tag staff, post some silly video, the picture of UO is great ,and you didn't sound flustered.

Please note that I when I say eqms is crying I wasn't referring to just you. Your posts are normally still miles ahead of other Eqms members.

With that out of the way. I do agree slight changes could and should be made but I also think we should give it a shot for more than the time it took to read their post on it. Which is all it took for people to lose their minds. I think overall the core concept of the change is great.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I couldn't agree more.! I have 3 PKs, a blue factioner, a farmer, crafter, and treasure hunter. I'm not sure where all these people who only have 1 playstyle are hiding out, because everyone I've talked to has some variety. Only having one 'playstyle' would be like playing a cookie-cutter MMO and having all your characters be the same class.

You are looking at one of those rare few who only play one style, namely myself. The thief class to me has always been about multiple things that generally, a thief can be witnessed doing, I for instance will steal, shadow people, explore locations unknown to many and try and steal princesses from their cruel masters amongst many others. *cough*..