Just returning after a very long time. What have i missed?

So im just now returning back to uo forever after a very long hiatus of almost two years. i had to take quite a break in order to focus on several things including my education and career. im just very curious of what all has happened since then.

after doing some digging on the forums, and hopping back in game i have noticed a few things like people have vet rewards, there are powerscrolls and in game items that now affect the balance of pvp (which were sworn to never be implemented), new pet dynamics, relics, etc.

are any players who have been playing for the past two years willing to shed some light or post links in the forums directing me to many of the things that i missed/cant find on the forums? from what i noticed it seems like quite a bit has changed. thanks in advance guys.

sincerely, the Face

lapj

Journeyman
Welcome back!

The UOF Wiki is your friend, if you haven't checked it out already.

http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

All I can say is, pvm has become very strong. meta tamers and meta dexxers are feared by a lot of monsters. you will know what I'm talking about after you read the Wiki. As for pvp, I don't believe there are any in game items or powerscrolls that will affect the balance of it. You will definitely see pvp tamers running around. Finally, EQMS is currently the biggest guild on the server. I'm not trying to promote them but you will likely bump into them. just hope its not on their pk dungeon death squads.

It's a fun server, you won't regret coming back. and lots of new stuff will be implemented soon.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Whoa there's a name I haven't seen in a while. How's it hangin'?

Past couple years in a nutshll: the focus of staff has been a revolving door. Lotta PvM content initially, then a focus on PvP, back to PvM, back to PvP.

Meta dragons were added for primarily PvM that were deemed too powerful against players. Nerfs to all tamers were made, unmade, then made again. Pets vs players have been a big big topic since you've been gone, much moreso than the talismans.

No cut zones were peppered in gradually to spark some PvP and give those poor reds a break.

Sallos (assistant program) was allowed which brought a big influx of PvPers from dying servers that couldn't/wouldn't play here without it. Factions received a major overhaul to accommodate the shift in the player base but all of that was more or less moot because of a certain zerg guild running the show by and large.

Dexers were feeling unloved so they got a boost in PvM via talismans. By its nature the defensive talisman can assist in dungeon Pking, an obviously necessary consequence of the nature of the talisman. The only bad thing about it is how long it took for people to catch on. Seriously. I didn't even roll one early and I understood the benefit...lol

Invasions/events are better than ever. There is an invasion vendor basically with crystal loot drops as currency which is a great addition.

Stealable rares are mostly out, rares are largely loot drops now.

Not sure what's going on with IDOCs, not my thing, but staff suggested an overhaul. Not sure if it gained traction or not.

And there's talk of scrapping factions in favor of militia. Again not sure where that's at but it's coming.

Interesting times. Staff is active and one thing is for sure, there's no chance of the server being stale. Stagnation is death, after all. The only concern at this point is how much change is too much, and at what point do we no longer consider UOF to be a UO:R based server.

My take overall? So far, so good! There have been a couple busts but those have been largely outweighed by the successes.