Item bless deed

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shane

Kitchen oven seems to be a flop........Guess no one wants to explorer there inner master chef. To bad there wasn't a good incentive to have the cooking skill??

Almost every time you respond to one of my posts i shake my head. They rarely show an ounce of positivity and always direct towards some sort of sly backhanded comment of how we aren't doing enough, or how you yourself are not happy with something / aren't doing things your way.

Sigh.

There's always going to be issues to fix, there's always going to be stuff to add and implement.

Could there be more of an incentive for the cooking skill? Yep. Has it already been thought about ? Yep.
There could be more incentives for a ton of skills/things in game, however it needs to be released in time, over time. If we just made a ton of systems and unique systems, implemented them all at once, there would be not much more to add down the road, and by down the road i mean 1, 2 or 4 years from now.

We have tons of ideas and a ton of systems we plan to put in, but patience is the way to go. You don't go all in right away.

All in all, try to have a better outlook on things man, it's kind of depressing reading your posts sometimes and i feel it would suck to think that way about things in life all the time.

84brian

Grandmaster
What's wrong with all implements, changes and fixes at once? It's sounds like Microsoft and their calendar for when to release certain products. . milking the cow. don't have 5 years to wait for this "ultimate" ultima online. = /

If the oven gave some sort of bonus for cooking that would be cool. = ) maybe having the sink, dryer and washer as well could stack bonus.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Almost every time you respond to one of my posts i shake my head. They rarely show an ounce of positivity and always direct towards some sort of sly backhanded comment of how we aren't doing enough, or how you yourself are not happy with something / aren't doing things your way.

Sigh.

There's always going to be issues to fix, there's always going to be stuff to add and implement.

Could there be more of an incentive for the cooking skill? Yep. Has it already been thought about ? Yep.
There could be more incentives for a ton of skills/things in game, however it needs to be released in time, over time. If we just made a ton of systems and unique systems, implemented them all at once, there would be not much more to add down the road, and by down the road i mean 1, 2 or 4 years from now.

We have tons of ideas and a ton of systems we plan to put in, but patience is the way to go. You don't go all in right away.

All in all, try to have a better outlook on things man, it's kind of depressing reading your posts sometimes and i feel it would suck to think that way about things in life all the time.

Well "this post" was meant to be humorous as my wife and son are HUGE master chef fans that is all, nothing hidden.

Sent a PM with the rest of the reply.

S

Shane

What's wrong with all implements, changes and fixes at once? It's sounds like Microsoft and their calendar for when to release certain products. . milking the cow. don't have 5 years to wait for this "ultimate" ultima online. = /

If the oven gave some sort of bonus for cooking that would be cool. = ) maybe having the sink, dryer and washer as well could stack bonus.

Same reason why every other server dies out within 3-6 months of launching.
They release everything they got, and put all their idea's out there right out of the gate, players have a blast for a few months, then it always seems theres a loss for new content. Happens all the time.

Yagyu

Adept
Still having a raffle for don coins sounds like they are more worried about donations than anything else. Seems that is the trend lately, or maybe it is just me. Hard to find don coins for less than 200k, sad as they were 140-150 a few months ago. Don coins basically are just turning this into a pay to play game, the best thing they could ever do would be remove them. Why not just add an atm where people can buy real gold? Why waste people time having to even buy the coins, just make it simple! /sarcasm off
Should remove don coins, or make them not tradable, or just make it so people can get gold or whatever. Or maybe I am wrong, is it donations or is it "profits" because I think some are confused here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Don Key

Master
Unfortunately Shane is right.

The carrot needs to stay just out of reach or else people will either be bored with everything at once, or not care enough to wait for new content.

There's also the fact that adding too many changes at once is nearly impossible to test thoroughly. Which is why companies like Microsoft have schedules they stick to (not to milk the cow as it was so eloquently put).

S

Shane

Still having a raffle for don coins sounds like they are more worried about donations than anything else. Seems that is the trend lately, or maybe it is just me. Hard to find don coins for less than 200k, sad as they were 140-150 a few months ago. Don coins basically are just turning this into a pay to play game, the best thing they could ever do would be remove them. Why not just add an atm where people can buy real gold? Why waste people time having to even buy the coins, just make it simple! /sarcasm off
Should remove don coins, or make them not tradable, or just make it so people can get gold or whatever. Or maybe I am wrong, is it donations or is it "profits" because I think some are confused here?

More worried about donation coins?
Did we not just have a week long tournament and gave away 1000$ USD plus a TON of free rares and in game rewards? Did we not just redesign RDA's? Did we just not add metapets? Did we not just implement an entire new central gump with a new player adventurer program directly linked to companions? Is the zombie event not being worked on currently as i write this to be released sunday? I probably forgot like 20 things as well we could add to this....

• A few months ago donation coins were still 200k.
  • Enabling people to be able to buy gold would remove any point of pvming.
  • You are able to buy donation coins from any player that has bought them for gold.
  • Our system works, we are nearing two years and still peaking and going stronger than ever.

IF ALL WE cared about is donations, we WOULD sell gold for money, wouldn't we?

Also it's not donations, it's an online store, we all pay taxes and our entire staff is paid and all our marketing and overhead for server etc.
&& to make them non tradeable would really make it unfair to those who cannot afford to donate irl but have time to play more. We are an actual fact that this system works.

And to boot, it's all cosmetic, in no way is it pay to play. You can have EVERYTHING a donator can have even if you do not donate, there for it is not pay to play.

Players chiming in like that, in which have no real idea or have even looked up around the forums to figure out all these answers to their rank accusations astonish me somtimes.

smh

ShinPi

Grandmaster
Call me a kiss ass or whatever u want ya I've had my rants here and there also but to chime in all and all I'm having a blast and I have until the good Lord pulls my time card to play I can't grind no cause I have a family of 6 to provide for I can't donate much at all but I do here and there because I feel the dev team deserves it and they are continually adding upgrading and improving so it's being used appropriately. . I'm to the age now my xbox one and all my other consoles now are getting the back burner and I can spend my time on uof loving every minute of it until I get pkd hahaha but really as long as they keep heading in the right direction and so far it's been kick ass I'll continue to play they are the dev we just play that's like sitting on the couch say why the hell didn't manning just slide or how the hell u gonna fumble the ball. U can't were on the couch they are in the game. Uof they are dev for a reason 90 percent of us as the community that are batching wouldn't even know where to start with all the programs and what not. Anyways sorry for the book for those of u that read it and to the devs super great job yall are seriously kicking ass thank u

Lexington

Grandmaster

I played when the donation coins weren't tradable... it didn't change the fact that people that donated would sell the items they bought for gold. So that idea wont change a thing for you.
Honestly having the donation coins tradable is way better. What was happening before was you'd have players griefing others by pretending to commit to buying donation items then backing out after the purchase was made. I'd like to see the developers take it one step further by reducing the weight of the coins so it is possible to do larger trades. I cant remember for sure but I think you can only carry 30k or so at once?

Staff

Young Player Help

The way donations are done here is what allows me to spend full time job+ hours working on the server. The server most likely would have went the way of every other server if it wasn't this way (aka dying because of no updates).

Mango

Grandmaster
The way donations are done here is what allows me to spend full time job+ hours working on the server. The server most likely would have went the way of every other server if it wasn't this way (aka dying because of no updates).
This is exactly why I don't mind buying dono's once in awhile. You guys do great work, and rightfully should be rewarded for it.

SidX

Grandmaster
...Hard to find don coins for less than 200k, sad as they were 140-150 a few months ago. Don coins basically are just turning this into a pay to play game, the best thing they could ever do would be remove them. Why not just add an atm where people can buy real gold? Why waste people time having to even buy the coins, just make it simple! /sarcasm off
I think the admins have made a point of not making dono items affect gameplay.. if you could use dono coins to buy armor that gave an unfair advantage, I could see where the pay-to-play argument comes into play. But the dono items are all decor or things like Ethys that really are just "thank you" rewards that look cool and don't provide players strict benefits.

Don Key

Master
I think the admins have made a point of not making dono items affect gameplay.. if you could use dono coins to buy armor that gave an unfair advantage, I could see where the pay-to-play argument comes into play. But the dono items are all decor or things like Ethys that really are just "thank you" rewards that look cool and don't provide players strict benefits.

I have a stealth mage. You don't think I get a strict benefit from having an ethy?

halygon

Grandmaster
I have a stealth mage. You don't think I get a strict benefit from having an ethy?
Of course you do.. a passive benefit.

It is pretty obvious that the items that can be purchased for donations do not directly affect gameplay but can indirectly. That said, IMO it is still pay to play -- there is no way around that when you have a donation store. It has the side effect of putting RL price on money in game. We all know that we can buy 1k dono for $10 and then sell those for 200k gold. It is in-direct, but still pay to play.

I don't really see a way around it and still be able to provide a quality shard as we have here.

Staff

Young Player Help
It is not pay to play. The only way a game is pay to play is if you HAVE to pay to progress.

This is pretty much the definition of pay to play though. We don't have a pay to play model here. We have a cash shop, which I would not consider the same as a pay 2 play model.

halygon

Grandmaster
This is pretty much the definition of pay to play though. We don't have a pay to play model here. We have a cash shop, which I would not consider the same as a pay 2 play model.
Now you are just getting all technical on us. We are just referring to "Freemium" play models where it is free to play, but gameplay is enhanced via purchased items -- at least that's what I am referring to.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
The only item that gives a tangible benefit is ethys.

Everything else is just to pump up your pixel count.

If it keeps @Adam around and slaving away to improve our juvenile entertainment, I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.