Is there any reason to get 120 provocation?

Cens

Grandmaster
Hiya,

As subject - any reason to get 120 provocation? 100 seems to be working fine, and I understand you can't provo higher level RDA / new dungeon mobs even with 120?

Best,
Cens

Gedron

Master
I have 110 and have noticed a big jump in success rates from GM. I don't think it would be worth going to 120 though, given the currently prices for 115 and 120 scrolls.

As it stands now, I farm about 100k/hr if I don't catch any snags. The average price for a 115 is around 500k'ish and then around 1mil for a 120 (ballpark) so that's 15 hours of farming I would have to do to be able to do the same thing I do now.

In all honesty, going from 100 to 110 hasn't really bought me any more gold per hour. They are messing around with it though so there may be benefits to going higher in the near future, though.

illusion

Master
I have 100 provo. I provoked an ancient shadow wyrm yesterday onto a paragon ancient wyrm, I've also provo'd two paragon balrons onto eachother, failed 2x, but got them the third time. I think with more provo, it would increase your rate on paragons, that's about it though.

Nukeworker

Apprentice
Hiya,

As subject - any reason to get 120 provocation? 100 seems to be working fine, and I understand you can't provo higher level RDA / new dungeon mobs even with 120?

Best,
Cens
Well tbh i got a 120 Provo scroll for my bard and actually had no choice of eventually going to 120...and i never felt sorry!!! I havent failed on a Provo for 6 months now
regardless what i provoked..paragon ancient lich on paragon shadow balron for example...just for the hell of of it during the whole time they where fiighing i was reprovoking...not one fail...Dwyane said he never failed...well at 115 i did fail a few times...but extremely rare

ShinPi

Grandmaster
I have 110 and have noticed a big jump in success rates from GM. I don't think it would be worth going to 120 though, given the currently prices for 115 and 120 scrolls.

As it stands now, I farm about 100k/hr if I don't catch any snags. The average price for a 115 is around 500k'ish and then around 1mil for a 120 (ballpark) so that's 15 hours of farming I would have to do to be able to do the same thing I do now.

In all honesty, going from 100 to 110 hasn't really bought me any more gold per hour. They are messing around with it though so there may be benefits to going higher in the near future, though.
10 an hr where Lmao any where I go I get pk before I hit 7 lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gedron

Master
10 an hr where Lmao any where I go I get pk before I hit 7 lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm going to assume this translates into 70k/hr? Know your farming area, know the exits and know where pi's normally come from. Using this, position yourself in a way that most benefits you. Know what times pk's frequent the area and when they are running deep doing their rounds. Do you think you will catch me in Deceit lich's at 9pm on Friday night? Hell no, too much going on in there for it to be profitable.

Also, learn how to pvp as a bard. If it's only one or two reds, I'm fighting. Even if I lose, eventually you'll get a name for yourself as being a pain in the ass and reds may even pass you by because it becomes unprofitable for them to spend all the time to fight you just to get 30 of each reg and a lute. If I'm in a high-end mob area and red comes in, the odds of them killing me are highly unlikely because I'm going to aggro those high-end mobs onto them and then start dumping.

greebo

Apprentice
I'm going to assume this translates into 70k/hr? Know your farming area, know the exits and know where pi's normally come from. Using this, position yourself in a way that most benefits you. Know what times pk's frequent the area and when they are running deep doing their rounds. Do you think you will catch me in Deceit lich's at 9pm on Friday night? Hell no, too much going on in there for it to be profitable.

Also, learn how to pvp as a bard. If it's only one or two reds, I'm fighting. Even if I lose, eventually you'll get a name for yourself as being a pain in the ass and reds may even pass you by because it becomes unprofitable for them to spend all the time to fight you just to get 30 of each reg and a lute. If I'm in a high-end mob area and red comes in, the odds of them killing me are highly unlikely because I'm going to aggro those high-end mobs onto them and then start dumping.

Sounds notably badass... but if im there I am peace out the moment I see shit.

Usually I got at least 5k on me, no more than 10k. But I am on a pvm char. Recall out bank my gold... hit chat call up the boys.

So they can face some real pvp templates and not just my bard.

So it may take a minute and they will be gone. But if they ain't, like they took time looting some other poor sap... then its funtimes:)

Tarraz

Expert
If I'm being attacked I only have 25 of each reg on me and a lute. Because of this I will always try and fight. Recalling out is lame if there is only one red, especially if there is more than one blue around.

Most blues just recall if they see a red so a solo red can get cocky. Yesterday I stumbled upon a blue fighting a red in shame lvl 5. He wasn't expecting me to drop Explode Ebolt on him while he was battling the other blue. We killed him and he had a nice power spear and kyrss on him.

Gedron

Master
If I'm being attacked I only have 25 of each reg on me and a lute. Because of this I will always try and fight. Recalling out is lame if there is only one red, especially if there is more than one blue around.

Most blues just recall if they see a red so a solo red can get cocky. Yesterday I stumbled upon a blue fighting a red in shame lvl 5. He wasn't expecting me to drop Explode Ebolt on him while he was battling the other blue. We killed him and he had a nice power spear and kyrss on him.

:eek:

Don't think it was me, but I know that feel all too well lol

S

Shane

Success rate is better for sure, and as we go on and mature as a server our new mobs will be alot harder to provo and those with higher provocation will have better chance for sure. If you havn't noticed already our mobs for the RDA, and others like hte gargoyle alchemist and the Devourer, are all high end mobs that won't submit through simple GM skills always.

We will continue to add more end-game PvM and PvP content for everyone, and it will be difficult, yet fun.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Hiya,

Best,
Cens
Cens, I present you 100 reasons to have 120 provo:

100% success on any mob (ever) as long as it is provocable and provided you are not using an opposing slayer on a high-end paragon.

Seriously. That's the one time I failed in the last 6 mo. I don't even make GM instruments anymore, I just buy them from npc's.

I am glad to see Shane addressing this in his above reply. Keep up the good work, you've got me sucked in again with all the fresh dungeon content. And we all know I can't resist provoking a bear onto a snake.