Is there a plan for Bards to get into the "Meta" game?

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
Was thinking about buffs that won't have a huge impact on PVP (or at least an acceptable buff compared to the skills sacrificed in the template), they can only be triggered upon using the skill in PVM.
  • Discordance:
    • Normally: Lowers % of stats (and skills?)
    • Buff relic: Refreshes [3*level] stamina over 30 seconds after using the skill for the bard and party members.
  • Peace:
    • Normally: Stops attacking (change on breaking upon damage)
    • Buff relic: Restores [3*level] mana over 30 seconds after using the skill for the bard and party members.
  • Provocation:
    • Normally: Attacks a target creature
    • Buff relic: Refreshes [3*level] stamina over 30 seconds on the target creature (can be a player pet).

bradley-

Grandmaster
a53f39f98f3cdd60305d0accb471e851f532569e6978b905c4e7077f4636f34d.jpg

Sandman

Grandmaster
You forgot Meta Thief.

I think that a Meta bard may be difficult to do unless the character had to use all (or most) of the bard skills. The main reason why bards have been ignored is because Music+Provo is used on top of other templates to pimp them out.
  • Provo Archer
  • Provo Mage
  • Provo Tamer
  • Peace Thief
But it's not all negative here. Since you play a bard treasure hunter, I think you will enjoy the upcoming enhancements to treasure hunting (release date not set yet).

Any sneak peak to the t-hunting changes?

I actually loved my t-hunter but the time to loot ratio just wasn't worth it. I don't think you should make millions a day on a t-hunter but it does fall short due to the lack of good finds. Hopefully some new rares or meta related items will have a chance at certain levels.

halygon

Grandmaster
Any sneak peak to the t-hunting changes?

I actually loved my t-hunter but the time to loot ratio just wasn't worth it. I don't think you should make millions a day on a t-hunter but it does fall short due to the lack of good finds. Hopefully some new rares or meta related items will have a chance at certain levels.
Nothing is being given out just yet on this.

Sandman

Grandmaster
I look forward to it. I know you guys were working on making dungeon chests more worth it, I hope you take a small look at regular maps as well. I hate PVM but for whatever reason used to get really excited about T Maps LOL

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Meta Bards? We're going to need some *serious* gold sinks.

A high lvl tali/pet seems like the norm now. If it's given to bards, it'll be pretty much universal. I'd bet that the amount of gold/player being sucked out of dungeons in recent months has been exceptionally high (actual numbers would be cool if they're available). OP'd bards would exacerbate that.

The success chance of provoking on this server is already ridiculously the high. I believe the whole point of the meta systems were to greater empower the weaker pvm templates like a simple warrior or mage. Not the skill you can train overnight and kill almost any monster with using just two skills. I could be wrong though and like the idea of making discord useful!

THEREGOESBILL

Apprentice
You could make the bard Relics a Raffle Item that is held every week! you control the supply of relics and every week millions will be taken out of the economy.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Or you make a malus system like the meta mage: more powerful will be the bard effect of peace provo disco more lesser become the damage with magery archery mace ecc. So at max level will be perfect in party but useless in solo.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

U-Haul

Master
oh, pure bards with all bard skills maxed out want love? i been rockin that shit since forever.

*touches hell*
nope not frozen, dont expect much

bane

Master
Was thinking about buffs that won't have a huge impact on PVP (or at least an acceptable buff compared to the skills sacrificed in the template), they can only be triggered upon using the skill in PVM.
  • Discordance:
    • Normally: Lowers % of stats (and skills?)
    • Buff relic: Refreshes [3*level] stamina over 30 seconds after using the skill for the bard and party members.
  • Peace:
    • Normally: Stops attacking (change on breaking upon damage)
    • Buff relic: Restores [3*level] mana over 30 seconds after using the skill for the bard and party members.
  • Provocation:
    • Normally: Attacks a target creature
    • Buff relic: Refreshes [3*level] stamina over 30 seconds on the target creature (can be a player pet).
Would love to see this but I think @Elizabeth Gold is on the right track. It could be balanced if you force a meta bard to max All barding skills to 100/120 (120 if PS are avail) and no taming skills of course.

Would have each bard skill do something to the monster and something for all characters in the Bard's party within a certain radius:
  • Discordance:
    • Monster Effect: Lowers % stats and AR
    • Party Effect: Flat % reduction in damage for that monster type similar to how Slayer Armor works is for "X" seconds for the party.
  • Peace:
    • Monster Effect: Allows monsters to be attacked while peaced for a certain amount of damage. After damage threshold is reached monsters aggros again. Maybe silence (no casting) the monster as well for an additional duration after peace is broken.
    • Party Effect: % damage boost for the party for that monster type for X seconds. Applied like a slayer weapon.
  • Provo:
    • Monster Effect: Normal plus buffs the monsters damage as long as it is provo'ed for X seconds
    • Party Effect: No Clue
This way Bards would be a good addition with the other meta dexxers without being overpowered in solo play. They would have a useful role in a group even if the monsters you are fighting can not be provo'ed. I don't play a bard but would be cool to have them be useful in RDA's again.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
The success chance of provoking on this server is already ridiculously the high. I believe the whole point of the meta systems were to greater empower the weaker pvm templates like a simple warrior or mage. Not the skill you can train overnight and kill almost any monster with using just two skills.
+1

StegcO

Grandmaster
You are right, here the provo skill is "overpowered" but making PURE bard more powerfull don't change balance of gold farming: you just can farm kk with all the pvm template. But it change eventualy new dungeon rda ecc because you can create new boss or dungeon more and more difficulte where only a party with that bard can do it (buff debuff discordance ecc)
In my own opinion :)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk