Is the brit craft zone guarded ? I call guards and nothing...

RDaneel

Apprentice
Hi.

I wonder if the brit craft zone is really guarded ?

A thief named "The Veteran - Crandall" was stealing my character just in front of me.

I was seeing the action, my 4 slayers swords were just going off my bag one by one, slowly, and he was grey.

I was calling for guards ! but nohting. Do I mistype it or something ? He was just here, doing this easy.

Please look at the screenshot below.

You dont see the thief I was too slow loading my capture tool, but see the journal and where I stand.

Now i've set up a Razor macro runing in loop yelling "Guards ! Guards !" all the time. I dont see what to do else ?

I'm sorry this is not nice, I mean if everybody has to set up a Guards guards ! macro at brit craft zone but this is the only thing to do ?

and what if it doesnt work ? What if greys are free to do whatever they want in this zone ?

Can someone help me ?

:(

picture:

Malkraven

Grandmaster
yea get hide there has been alot of issues with brit crafting area and thiefs, you also seem to be able to kill pets without gettign whack in some situations. just hie and craft

RDaneel

Apprentice
thank you for the info, yes I'm hiding now and hope this will be good ......

But It is a fact : a thief can steal from you, just stand there, grey and steal without being in danger.

So that's 2 ppl on this server that exploit the game :

The Veteran - Crandall
and
Deep Wood.

halygon

Grandmaster
No need to hide. Here is the way to safe crafting in the crafters guild:

1. Stand next to an NPC -- These guys call guards like its no ones business. Plus it is harder to be stolen from successfully if more NPCs/Players are next to you as there is an area check when a steal occurs.
  2. Lock up yo shit - Keep your resources that you are using locked in a box on your character (make sure that box never goes below 11 stones!)
  3. Use a Blue beetle - The resources you can carry on your (extra stuff), put on your blue beetle. Your crafted items that you care about -- put in your blue beetle. Here is the important part -- ALWAYS SIT ON YOUR BEETLE. You can run offscreen to dismount and get more resources out of it if you want to be extra cautious.
Follow these and you will do well.

FYI: As far as the thief goes -- he is probably successfully stealing form you, getting away and then coming back. He is perma grey to you at that point and since a couple minutes went by, you cannot call the guards anymore (you only have a certain amount of time to do this from the first steal). I guess that leads me to point #4

4. DON"T BE AFK -- OR IF YOU ARE, DON'T KEEP ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF YOUR LOCKED BOX/BEETLE THAT YOU CARE ABOUT.​

RDaneel

Apprentice
thank you for the help.
I'll check your advices.
thx.
didnt know about the secure box, locked, I will check this.