Is fishing solo ok?

I am new to the different aspects of fishing and boats on this server compared to ones of the past, and after doing a search I am seeing all this about crews and alt characters etc etc and am wondering if I can fish solo or do I really need to have an alt on the boat and/or more people? What about just fishing for mibs? Thanks

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Have GM magery and summon daemon to guard ur fisherman or fisherwoman from mobs.

Make a hot key for emergency recall from reds

Prepare urself mentally that u r going to get PKed at one point. No need to get upset, sad or depressed. It's no big deal as long as u bank ur mibs/nets/ropes often. U can get rez and ur boat will be in ur bank safely.

For fishing mibs. Gather 100 mibs first then mark all of em in UOAM with a number. Then order all of em by number in set of 10s. Do a few that are close by at a time. Hit recall if u see reds. Recall and bank the chest one after one. Then organize ur treasure after each iteration. I solo mib all the time without alt.

Congrats u have become millionaire.

In short, it is absolutely ok solo fishing. Whirlpool is a diff story.

Have GM magery and summon daemon to guard ur fisherman or fisherwoman from mobs.

Make a hot key for emergency recall from reds

Prepare urself mentally that u r going to get PKed at one point. No need to get upset, sad or depressed. It's no big deal as long as u bank ur mibs/nets/ropes often. U can get rez and ur boat will be in ur bank safely.

For fishing mibs. Gather 100 mibs first then mark all of em in UOAM with a number. Then order all of em by number in set of 10s. Do a few that are close by at a time. Hit recall if u see reds. Recall and bank the chest one after one. Then organize ur treasure after each iteration. I solo mib all the time without alt.

Congrats u have become millionaire.

In short, it is absolutely ok solo fishing. Whirlpool is a diff story.

So each time I fish up a serp with an MIB, mark the spot on automap?

Dig'em

Grandmaster
So each time I fish up a serp with an MIB, mark the spot on automap?
No, you have a chance of fishing up a serpent as long as you're in deep water ( 30 tiles from any land I believe) and any serpent you pull up has a chance of having a MIB

No, you have a chance of fishing up a serpent as long as you're in deep water ( 30 tiles from any land I believe) and any serpent you pull up has a chance of having a MIB

Okay I am lost on fishing up 100 mibs then marking on UOAM.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Everytime when you fish up a serpent that has a loot of mib. Bank it and until u have 100 mibs then open each mib and map each mib's coordinates on UOAM. Since u have so many, its bound to have few mibs are close together and because you mark all of the mibs coordinates on UOAM with a number tag on. You can easily tell which # of mibs are next to each other. So you would do them all in a run. Does it make sense? :)

GM fisherman has lesser chance than legendary fisherman to fish up serpents. Some UO veterans have mentioned in past threads before than its the most efficient way to have three fisherman on three diff account and fish together to optimize the effort and get more mibs.

I used to have 1 GM fisherman and took me a whole week fishing to get about 50 mibs. On ave I fish 6 hrs a day. Nowadays I run two fishermen, 1 GM and 1 legendary and I got 100 in three days of fishing. Imagine if you have three 120 fisherman. [emoji48]

For the record, I only fish when I get to work from home. Fishing doesn't require my complete attention. I'd like to think playing UO just part of life for fun and not the only life I have. [emoji6]

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime when you fish up a serpent that has a loot of mib. Bank it and until u have 100 mibs then open each mib and map each mib's coordinates on UOAM. Since u have so many, its bound to have few mibs are close together and because you mark all of the mibs coordinates on UOAM with a number tag on. You can easily tell which # of mibs are next to each other. So you would do them all in a run. Does it make sense? :)

GM fisherman has lesser chance than legendary fisherman to fish up serpents. Some UO veterans have mentioned in past threads before than its the most efficient way to have three fisherman on three diff account and fish together to optimize the effort and get more mibs.

I used to have 1 GM fisherman and took me a whole week fishing to get about 50 mibs. On ave I fish 6 hrs a day. Nowadays I run two fishermen, 1 GM and 1 legendary and I got 100 in three days of fishing. Imagine if you have three 120 fisherman. [emoji48]

For the record, I only fish when I get to work from home. Fishing doesn't require my complete attention. I'd like to think playing UO just part of life for fun and not the only life I have. [emoji6]

Ah okay I understand now what you mean by marking the coords. And I never thought of making more than 1 fisher but I will consider it. Thanks.

Twinkles

Expert
I've Fished up a lot of MiBs and i'm looking to fish them up but when i set up UOAM it wont seem to track me when i'm on water, any ideas?

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Everyone setup is diff. For me, if I play three accounts at the same time, then UOAM seems to only track my 3rd account char.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk