IRCCloud

Pikachu

Adept
Just letting everyone know that I found a Cloud based IRC and it works great, you can be signed on to your computer at home and the app on ios or Android at the same time and never miss a message and it tells you how long you've been away and up to what point you missed so it doesn't eat your battery... The free version Will log you out after 2 hours unless you have the webpage open or the app open but I think that if you just leave the webpage open on your computer you can still see what you missed on the app... Anyways it's pretty legit... IRCCloud.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drinn

Grandmaster
I believe the problem with IRCCloud is the IRC networks and their policies. Networks need to accept such third-party applications and give them trusts. This is due to users not having more than 5 connections per time (will be automatically banned if more than 5).

So IRCCloud is a single user, which just needs more connections. It's kinda like BNC provider.

PalleB

Apprentice
That will only be a problem if you use tiny networks that refuses to setup trusts in which case you might end up being the only one with an irccloud account connecting anyway. They had a few problems with one or two of the major networks banning the host in the past but it's generally sorted out quite fast.

I dropped my regular irc client the moment I was introduced to this service and started paying for it almost immediately.