Inscription Guide (simple)

IAMALAGGER

Novice
Here is a simple guide to GM inscribe. Hope this helps everyone.

With Inscription you have to make sure you are able to cast the spell with the Magery skill before you are able to scribe it.

Here is what I made, starting at 50 Inscription:

50-60 : Recall
60 - 80 : Energy Bolt
80 - 90 : Flamestrike
90 - GM : Ressurection

In turn you can put these scrolls on a vendor and recover some of your money.

Good Luck!

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Nice guide. An alternative I've used is making Gate scrolls instead of flamestrike. Not sure how well flamestrike scrolls sell, but Gate scrolls seems like something that's used more often and I assumed it sold better. Just my input.

eppy

Grandmaster
Nice guide. An alternative I've used is making Gate scrolls instead of flamestrike. Not sure how well flamestrike scrolls sell, but Gate scrolls seems like something that's used more often and I assumed it sold better. Just my input.

I would also much rather have ev scrolls than resurrection. You can just farm with the ev scrolls and make a ton of money back. Just take a bunch to the woods and ev ettins and you can do pretty well.

halygon

Grandmaster
I usually make gate scrolls instead of flamestrike as they can be used. Who the hell needs 600 flamestrike scrolls?

gofer

Grandmaster
I usually make gate scrolls instead of flamestrike as they can be used. Who the hell needs 600 flamestrike scrolls?

<- This guy; I like my monsters well done, Haly.

For the final push, I did Earthquake scrolls as those are useful for killing champ fodder.

halygon

Grandmaster
<- This guy; I like my monsters well done, Haly.

For the final push, I did Earthquake scrolls as those are useful for killing champ fodder.
I can make tons of cash off 600 gate scrolls by turning them into runebooks with the recall scrolls made at lower level. More than you can make using 600 FS scrolls to farm.... Just saying that the cost benefit analysis says no to FS scrolls.

EQ scrolls on the other hand are ALWAYS useful just like the EVs are.

gofer

Grandmaster
I can make tons of cash off 600 gate scrolls by turning them into runebooks with the recall scrolls made at lower level. More than you can make using 600 FS scrolls to farm.... Just saying that the cost benefit analysis says no to FS scrolls.

EQ scrolls on the other hand are ALWAYS useful just like the EVs are.

Haly, I was just screwing around man. I concur, I think FS scrolls are a waste if you are leveling the craft; the only plus to FS scrolls when leveling magery or inscription is that they use 2 regs in comparison to 4. Imo, from a utility perspective, the final push should be either Gate, EV, or EQ scrolls.

halygon

Grandmaster
Haly, I was just screwing around man. I concur, I think FS scrolls are a waste if you are leveling the craft; the only plus to FS scrolls when leveling magery or inscription is that they use 2 regs in comparison to 4. Imo, from a utility perspective, the final push should be either Gate, EV, or EQ scrolls.
Ah.. Well pie in my face then lol

BMan

Apprentice
I've been working on inscription since the server revert and added character slot, got 90.2 now, but still 89.4 real. With these guides, do you consider the 'real' skill value, or should I start making EVs now? Thanks!

BMan

Apprentice
Moot point now because I just passed 90.2 real, haha.. However, for future reference it would be nice to know if these skill guides were based on the 'Real' value or not.. Guess it doesn't matter much.

halygon

Grandmaster
Moot point now because I just passed 90.2 real, haha.. However, for future reference it would be nice to know if these skill guides were based on the 'Real' value or not.. Guess it doesn't matter much.
All guides are based off of shown skill as real skill has very little actual worth.

Real skill = Skill level
Shown Skill = Skill Level + Stat Modifier

Every skill has a primary stat attribute that provides a bonus to the skill in the form of skill points. A good example of this is Lockpicking with Dexterity. If you have 100 Dexterity, you could potentially add 5 or so skill points to your Lockpicking skill.

Please note that the higher your real skill is, the lower the stat bonus is. By the time you reach GM in a skill, the stat bonus is so small that both the Real Skill and Shown Skill are pretty much the same.