Iron: 10gp
Dull Copper: 12gp
Shadow 20gp
Copper: 20gp
Bronze: 25gp
Gold: 30gp
Agapite: 35gp
Vert and Val: 50gp*

I wanted to make this thread for the benefit of new crafters and gatherers. I had a hard time finding prices when I started(which is still a pain/impossible), so I believe it's time we had a standard to fall back on and to reference. This list is a compilation/consolidation of my gathered attempts to determine the market for ingots and armor. By no means is this The Price of ingots, but the reference point that I, myself, use and think is fair.
PLEASE throw in your two cents in this thread. I'd love it if this could become the discussion we've needed. More opinion is better for all of us(in this thread... assuming you're on-topic... god help us).

I consider prices lower/higher than stated as undercutting/price gouging, respectively. Not to discourage: WOOO, CAPITALISM!

Armor:
I calculate the price of armor by: (ingots used) x 2. So you take the average number of ingots used to make a suit and multiply it by 2. An iron light dexxer suit(about 75 ingot avg for me) should sell for about 1500gp, while a val suit would cost about 7000gp. The cost of keeping it on a vendor until it sells and the price of the ingots to get your smithy up doesn't really translate to double profit. That's like getting an English degree to make money... I feel like I needed to justify doubling the price because it felt like I just gave away a trade secret or something. Oh well.

* There's a controversy over the price of vert/val because of it's rarity*2, but I've never actually seen it sold for higher than 50gp each(though they don't seem to carry them for >24 hours). If you want to pull more for your rare metals, read the thread I just sited and go test the waters for yourself. IMO, the high demand for rare metals seems to come mostly from crafters making things other than vendor armor, also there doesn't seem to be that many active miners around willing to subject themselves to recall mining for long periods of time, so the 50gp price tag could probably be stretched upwards a good bit.

*2: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/prices-per-ingot-all-colors.11537/#post-72296

rimmshot

Master
I do a ton of mining . I have a vendor that I can't keep stocked .

Here are my prices
Iron 9
Dull 15
Shadow 20
Copper 30
Bronze 40
Gold 50
Ag 60
Verite 70
Val 80

I cannot keep iron stocked at all . And sometimes have a hard time keeping others stocked also .

rimmshot

Master
Also .. If I could raise the price on iron ingots I would . Like 11-12 gold each . But at that point they would just buy from the npc vendors .

Easy_buddy

Journeyman

Here are my prices
Iron 9
Dull 15
Shadow 20
Copper 30
Bronze 40
Gold 50
Ag 60
Verite 70
Val 80
Thanks for the input, man.

I went looking for vendors selling ingots today. Here's one vendor I found:
iron 10.5
dull 15
shadow 20
(copper sold out)
bronze 35
gold 35
aga 40
vert 45
val 60
a drunken dwarf--one stop elf shop

Also noted some armor vendors:
fallen dragon lords library
5500, 6k val suits w/ dragon gorget
dc 1550

Also .. If I could raise the price on iron ingots I would . Like 11-12 gold each . But at that point they would just buy from the npc vendors .
IMO they'd probably still buy for convinience.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster

Here are my prices
Iron 9
Dull 15
Shadow 20
Copper 30
Bronze 40
Gold 50
Ag 60
Verite 70
Val 80

I cannot keep iron stocked at all . And sometimes have a hard time keeping others stocked also .

I've been using these prices on my own vendor - iron is gone in hours, dull and shadow take a little longer, copper not so rough.

halygon

Grandmaster
So...

Which of ya can get me a few K of shadow ingots and iron ingots? I can pick them up tonight.

Let me know. Lowest cost per ingot gets sale.

halygon

Grandmaster
IRU vendor house ... first house south of moonglow . 20 gold per shadow . ( i wont lower my prices sorry )
Ah 20/per!

So what is it after my veteran/bulk buying/bumping-this-topic/nice-guy/vendor-to-vendor..,. discount(s)?

Not to mention repeat customer!