Im dumd but the admins made it right.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
@Adam and @Shane were promt in handling this. Adam made things right in under 15 minutes. This was completely my error, and by all rights they didnt have to do anything. Admins will never ask for you password and i should know that as long as I have been playing. Thanks UoF staff for the prompt service!!!

phewww , I am so happy that staff helped you out on this bro. I started to fear for the worse before and was dying for a staff member to answer my help queue .. and I was trying to ask people I know where your house was and for them to hit up staff in irc ... not that I could do anything if I saw that guy on your character if I found out where your house was tho :(

I thought your items were gone.. but with the amazing staff that UOF has - it is such a hugeeeee relief that staff helped you out with this in such a quick time. This was I am sure a hard lesson learned hehe , but anyways - congrats on getting your stuff back and thank you so much Admins for helping him ... Budcookie is a former ally I had and an overall great UOF player <3

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
it's not a hack when you are dumb enough to give ur user and password lol..

Smart ass - either way - the guy impersonated a staff member resulting in the fraudster getting this guys account info and he logged into it and caused damages. Go back to killing newwbs with ]$[ above their heads... you silly POWER trammy youuu.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
its a shitty situation budcookie i hope u get this fixed

definitely staff impersonation is against the rules

*edit i see it is fixed. awesome sauce

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Im glad today is ending on a good note , with his house being up... I found it before when running thru the area :)

Scamming in IRC is bannable so this guy is gone in sure.

Glad it got worked out, still amazed how some of these balls out scams still work.

@Budcookie you got everything back?

your "location" bro.... so odd :D:D:D

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Just a rule of thumb guys we will never ask for your passwords. I cringe when people pm me with accoutn issues and give me their passwords straight away (trying to obtain a lost account).

Really do not do this with not only uo forever but ANY thing you do on the PC.

Cack

Grandmaster
Hope that fucker got a promp banning.
And good job lexington for posting that and not being another victim

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
there are a lot of great people in this game and on staff... I already had 2 people I know - telling me before that they would have chipped in 100k , and I would have been able to of collected lots more from others , if his items wouldn't be mostly replaced :)

Lexington

Grandmaster
Were you able to identify the person impersonating Adam... I hope so. It would be nice to know this piece of shit will never play UOF again!!

Tonycakes

Grandmaster
"Remember Riot employees will never ask for your account / password"

maybe from a wrong game, but this is usually the same with every game!

tankian

Grandmaster
The guy has been banned for more than a week now. He just keeps making new irc and uof accounts.