Ilsehnar / Lost Lands - I Miss You...

poogoblin

Master
I can tell you that we've opened up many dungeons based on MALAS and other facets.

Opening "the lost lands" is back stepping we feel. It is an UNREAL large land mass with very little to offer in all topics of pvp, pvm, and trade...

But i will tell you what...

If you can explain to us why we should add such a thing, dismaying what we have done, know and currently aim towards. then I whole heatedly welcome such things. Every so often we get a player wanting the lost lands etc but real no explanation of how it could actually benefit the entire community in the long run.

Taking your personal interests out of the question, tell us how the lost lands or any other full-fledged facet opening could benefit this entire community, and i will respond to this.

Keep in mind that the idea's you may have for the reasoning behind such questions may be for your own greater good, and not the greater good of Ultima Online Forever as a whole.

Ask away...

I remember your original stance ~2 years ago on T2A. At the time you decided against T2A stating "The population would not support it and would spread it too thin"....here we are 2 years later with one heck of a population that not only can support T2A but really wants it.

I'm curious why you would view this as "a step back".

Sethisto

Neophyte
I have to admit, the lock of just having old land does get pretty stale here. It's why i tend to migrate to other servers while waiting for patches and only playing in spurts.

This server has probably the best ruleset out there, but I really wish there was more PVE content to do. Illshenaar especially is a lot of fun to explore and challenge. It seems like you peak off pretty quickly here and run out of places to explore.

I understand PVP is a big reason why, and having a smaller world means reds have to travel less to find people to gank, but maybe there is a way to make things more rewarding on that side too? I had all these grand plans to join a faction once I maxed out my dexxer, but everyone I talked to said they weren't too active these days outside of minor skirmishes here and there. That was always my favorite UO based PVP outside of thieving syndicates in YEW, and I don't see many of those around. I'm weird and get bored of ganking people.

What this server could really use more of is high value spawns that drop more than just gold and vanqs. I can get piles and piles of that from just doing tmaps. Back in the day, it used to be absolute chaos when a new type of mob would spawn with a chance to drop a rare item. I miss that.

(Edit): I'd be more than happy to skip t2a entirely like the above poster mentioned and just open ilsh. T2a never had much draw for me outside of delucia being a useful city and the dungeons which are already in the game, but ilsh was overflowing with stuff to tame, new mobs to kill, and loot. Honestly T2A with all of it's obnoxious cliffs and piles of empty nothingness aren't too important. It really only shined in dungeons.

Experience

Grandmaster
Out of the 3 available facets...I would choose Malas. BUT, I would also suggest IF you allow housing...to only allow it near the cities. I would even be all for only having access from the Luna Bridge-North. On every shard I've ever played with the malas facet, Luna is a severe PvP hotspot for field battles. And due to the close quarters of it's shops, it frequents visits from crafters and others as well. It even offers amazing PvM opportunities for invasions or the like with it's walls and passages. (Hint: could atleast use it for event area) Umbra has many dark and mysterious catcombs lurking about it's surroundings including a dungeon entrance and the pyramid (used for MotM awhile back) Caves for minors, and many dead ends for travelers to meet their doom. Overall, Malas is truely not very large compared to the other 2 facets either...

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Never played malas or ilshenar, but t2a was huge and a total fuckshow to get around

I'd like to see some of the new lands tbh

Delucia area was always a huge PvP hotspot -- as some one mentioned, the city gates and the surrounding area had tons of great choke points. I think it would be a great area to have the brit bridge area rules.

I also totally support the idea of T2A ruleset being enabled only once you zone into T2A. I think it could add a lot of additional playability to the server.

Jani

Grandmaster
I chose UOF for reason. If I was into t2a, I wouldn't play here. I'm afraid that t2a ruleset area would separate this shard and lately UOF pvp has been on fire. I don't care about new maps or t2a even though Delucia is a nice city.

Budcookie

Grandmaster
2w2opk0.png

I have some suggestions on this topic. First off i think opening more lands is a bad idea because our population still wont support a full blown new map. That being said here are my ideas if you must:
1. Open a portion of a new land for a set period of time that appeals to explores, pvm and pvp alike.
2. Set it so you can only recall or gate into and out of a few specific places within that map.
3. All gray all the time while in this area. This would be a risk vs reward kind of deal. You guys want to explore or hunt these new place away from the general population, your risk.
4. No housing as these areas will change maybe monthly or bi monthly.
5. Jump the new maps around and let everyone figure out which new land we like best as a possible permanent new spot.
6. Please if we get a new map make a player run town, just because that would be awesome.
7. It would be cool but kind of custom and out of place in our server if the new area were to have the arcade play style like zombie land did.
These are just ideas as @Shane said to come up with some. I am against a full blown new map but testing the waters for some fresh ideas and seeing if it would even work would be cool. Im sure we could get the devs to do this o the test server and let people help define what works each month or every other month before it opens to the public for a time period.

Ledz Epplin

Master
I just want the t2a land, not the t2a rules. I say add the space, forget the rules and make it what UO should have been :)

Ludwig

Grandmaster
People just want Delucia and Papua, that's all. We have the important dungeons from T2A and 95% of the land mass is an unusable waste of space. Now if you wanted to make it so the whole place is considered a dungeon and therefore 2x skill gain, you have my attention.

Sketeg

Master
the entirety of illshenar being a criminal rule set is a really cool idea actually, considering it has no human-npc towns or guards, aside from maybe the gypsy caravan.

crome

Grandmaster
I don't see any reason to add new lands what so ever take the parts that people want and make them accessible from the mainland but barred off from the rest of t2a.

your completely correct saying it thins the community.

It may thin it abit, but cmon you get tired of the same landmass after 18 years. T2A everyones seen and run. The others not so much unless you OSI'd then your a trammie bastard.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
the bank near the stables in delucia, bull spot right on the west side of town for taming, gaining swords skill on the bone knight wall just outside of town..all great nostalgia. loved going there. the huge problem i see though with opening this up is lack of population. i think it will spread people out way too much and make heavily populated areas a ghost town. just like when malas opened up, brit bank became shit.

kurtis

Grandmaster
Have you guys ever been to Vesper, Minoc, Serpents hold etc etc bank on this server? They are almost always dead. You can easily go AFK as a red and take a huge dump IRL while just standing there in plain site at those banks on this server and no one will harass you.

Lol, best quote in a while and all too true. Sometimes I take a huge dump IRL while afk on my red at Minoc just for the thrill.

Dungeons are pretty bare as it is. New areas would be exciting and heavily populated for a short while, but then the excitement would wear off in a month and we are left with an even bigger world with even sparser areas. Every new area that has been implemented has proved that. These kind of ideas are exciting in theory, but it's important to look at the history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gareth

Apprentice
Please do not expand to the Lost Lands or any other large landmass. The server population, while healthy, is nowhere near what OSI had in its hey day. Introducing huge new landmasses would thin the population out to a level that would severely damage the community. The essential spawns and/or dungeons are already in game. Nostalgia or a sense of wonder alone is not enough to take that risk.

Ledz Epplin

Master
"Please do not expand to the Lost Lands or any other large landmass. The server population, while healthy, is nowhere near what OSI had in its hey day. Introducing huge new landmasses would thin the population out to a level that would severely damage the community. The essential spawns and/or dungeons are already in game. Nostalgia or a sense of wonder alone is not enough to take that risk."

Signed Red PK who doesnt want to have to run as far to find prey