If you turn a head into guards instead of offering a buyback...

GimpCent

Grandmaster
Keep in mind pvping is a gold sink in itself.

Bank sitting doesn't use up may resources last I checked.

I think bank sitters should have to pay a tax.

Cause reds seemingly do and we are the ones making the server active. No one honestly plays UO for the amazing PvM and artificial intelligence, its a side show at best.

Its a means to a end to gather resources no different than mining. But its not anything special compared to Ultima Online's legacy of PvP mechanics.

Last edited by a moderator:
rwU0kd7.png

In case it wasn't clear, I am in favor of the gold + stat method.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Hmm that is the very thing I do to a degree, its the very thing we all do.

Rarely in normal speech do you make a conscious effort to pick each word we choose to say or write. Language has become so much part of our species that even complex language patterns are performed without much in the way of conscious thought... Its not just grunts anymore

You know this yet repeatly say what should be common sense in your retorts nor am I going to waste my time going through your posts. You edit your posts so it would be pointless. Anything I find or list you will just edit, if you haven't already.
No, I post a lot to pass the time I'm not actually obsessed with trying to prove how bad ass I am IRL and in game like you seem to be.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
No, I post a lot to pass the time I'm not actually obsessed with trying to prove how bad ass I am IRL and in game like you seem to be.

Hmm I don't people want to run their mouths and if that is the case well I have nothing to hide

Its a cause and effect type of thing buddy

jeffe

Master
There was some comment about people playing this game soley for PvP which is entirely untrue. There are many people that play this game for the same reasons people play most open ended games: ticking up/gaining virtual wealth is addictive (and fun in some sense). This attitude that PvP has to ooze from every orifice of play is toxic for the life of the server.

But...

This thread is about buy back rules. If a change is made I'm in the no buy back open negotiations camp myself.

hubcap

Grandmaster
Just a suggestion but no one ever called a man quoting another man, cleaver. Great men get quoted not the other way around.

FWIW......

Albert Einstein quoted others, all the time, in his lectures at Princeton. He was known to call his forefathers visionaries.....and idiots, but, quoted them often.
It's pretty cool, going back, and reading his lectures/ideas about 'nuclear weapons' and his vision of the future for nuclear technology as a whole. The man was much wiser than his years, that's for sure. His theorem still hold water decades later. [Says something even with all the tech and bright minds dedicated to proving OR disproving him for the last half a century plus. ]
This is just one example. There are countless others.

Sorry......MEANWHILE>.........BACK ON TOPIC...........:)