IDOC Scripts

Quadplex

So I know that this server has a hard stance against scripts that farm resources (mining, LJ, etc). Is there a rule against scripts that find IDOCS? I came across a guy with a bag full of 10+ identically formatted date time stamped runes, along side a bunch of unmarked runes and starting location runes to thick housing areas. Looks pretty obvious to be from a script, my question is this legal? Seems like you can get way more resources running this then from a pile of ore, but was curious what the community thought.

khajja

Master
DO NOT use any resource gathering skills unattended, such as lumber jacking, stealing, and mining. This includes, but not limited to; rail mining, auto mining/smelting/house dropping and or automated rune book traveling and banking.

If we think this sentence is properly punctuated, then 'automated rune book traveling and banking' is one item and this is legal. if we think they have two and's without comma, which is not proper grammar, then it is illegal as it is automated rune book traveling.

Either way, I don't think I've ever heard it enforced.

halygon

Grandmaster
So I know that this server has a hard stance against scripts that farm resources (mining, LJ, etc). Is there a rule against scripts that find IDOCS? I came across a guy with a bag full of 10+ identically formatted date time stamped runes, along side a bunch of unmarked runes and starting location runes to thick housing areas. Looks pretty obvious to be from a script, my question is this legal? Seems like you can get way more resources running this then from a pile of ore, but was curious what the community thought.
There is no rule against that, however you cannot have a fully automated script -- ie.. no moving on rails, auto-recall/gating, etc. If you want to run a script that checks signs as you run by them and auto-mark runes, etc - shouldn't be an issue. If you want to run a script that checks a sign status over and over, we frown upon it, but it is not currently against the rules.

Does that answer your question?

Mordoc

Master
There is no rule against that, however you cannot have a fully automated script -- ie.. no moving on rails, auto-recall/gating, etc. If you want to run a script that checks signs as you run by them and auto-mark runes, etc - shouldn't be an issue. If you want to run a script that checks a sign status over and over, we frown upon it, but it is not currently against the rules.

Does that answer your question?

what if you have a script that runs you by the house checks the sign then runs BACK past the house and checks the sign and just keeps going back and forth.......that would be no different that standing in place scripting checking the house sign

khajja

Master
haly said checking a sign as YOU run isn't an issue. a script that does the running for you counts as moving on rails, which is worse than standing in place clicking the sign which is not against the rules.