Ideas for more Treasure Hunting options (110/120 Cartography)

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Instead of limiting t-hunting to only running maps (which people can do in their sleep these days), why not something new? I was thinking something along the lines of Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider, like a new type of map that would lead you to a spot, and digging in that spot would take you underground into a tomb (similar to a private little RDA). This tomb would be loaded with traps, locked doors, secret doors, hidden rooms off the side, etc etc, all culminating in an ancient king's tomb full of treasure. Players would need to use remove trap and lockpicking to get through these tombs.

Maybe these tombs would require 110 cartography, and also have there be a higher tier of tombs that require 120 carto -- and at this level, also a second t-hunter required to solve traps/puzzles that need 2 players working in tandem. I would just like to see more action & adventure to treasure hunting, more exciting gameplay. I have heard players ask for more puzzles and things like this so I bet a lot of people would be into it.

Don Key

Master
As an avid dungeon crawler, I would say no to a private little RDA.

But, I like this idea if it were just a t-map leading you to a dungeon location. Gotta clear out the spawn, dig the map up and deal with more spawn, etc. I think that would be simple enough that it could be implemented without designing a new dungeon area. It could also get some action into lesser travelled areas in the original dungeons.

I don't know about needing powerscrolls for cartography (probably a good idea but I don't want to farm them) but it should at least take GM carto.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I agree, even GM carto would be fine (most only take it to 70). I just remember Adam was asking a month or two ago for ideas on treasure hunting PS's. Also the main thing I was trying to get at was to have some non-combat things for a treasure hunter to do. Hence the emphasis on traps and hidden/locked doors (which is where the private RDA idea came from). I just get irked a bit that I love treasure hunting characters in other games, but here it's basically mandatory that you're a provo mage. And that "treasure hunting" is really just solo'ing mobs. It's really boring IMO. Still one of my favorite templates, I just cry for the missed opportunities :(

lollo

Grandmaster
This would be awesome but I think there'd be a lot of coding involved thus making it not very likely to happen.

I'd love to have some higher lvl t-maps (lvl7?) or something that actually required gm carto, remove trap and lockpicking. Right now you can do lvl 5 (maybe even lvl 6?) with 70/0/95 which is ridiculous. Also put a 5-10% chance at a rare item (or PS, or SS) spawning inside high level t maps!

I also love puzzle chests in khaldun but I always struggle 5 minutes to open one only to find it dry looted already. They should either not lock if empty or at least add some in other dungeons!

The "private rda" idea is just awesome tho.

hoodfigure

Master
How about rare mobs that spawn ONLY from Tmaps lvl 4-6? Idk something cool/crazy/rare.

Edit: Just thought of like how SOS have diff colored ones, perhaps a rare map that only spawns paragons to defend it. Boom.

hubcap

Grandmaster
The possibilities with a treasure hunter are endless. Unfortunately, its only possible to solo them with a specific template (or two.)
[And the last thing we need are more provo/mages]

I feel, they should be more true to their nature and require skilled swordsmen/swashbucklers/thieves, instead of dog walkers with an ability to play power chords on a lute.

Have the spawn be in a loud place and immune to magic.......... (water rushing, perhaps, and music has no effect.) "It is too loud here for your music to be heard." "The rushing waters drown out your music" "Your spell has no effect" "Your spells appear to be weakened." etc..etc.......
Or maybe have the most used combat spells be dangerous to use during a chest location......"your spell has caused the walls of the cavern to look weaker..." "The cavern walls start to collapse..." Cast too many? Walls cave in....killing all inside and resetting the chest timer.

Maybe things would get a little interesting then.....

Have the spawn be most susceptible to hand to hand damage, and immune to music and magic.

I, also, like the idea of the deco wall maps, deco world maps, etc for the 100 and up Cartographer. Make it a craftable of sorts. Something worth selling and something people would want.

But I digress.....

lollo

Grandmaster
The possibilities with a treasure hunter are endless. Unfortunately, its only possible to solo them with a specific template (or two.)
[And the last thing we need are more provo/mages]

I feel, they should be more true to their nature and require skilled swordsmen/swashbucklers/thieves, instead of dog walkers with an ability to play power chords on a lute.

Have the spawn be in a loud place and immune to magic.......... (water rushing, perhaps, and music has no effect.) "It is too loud here for your music to be heard." "The rushing waters drown out your music" "Your spell has no effect" "Your spells appear to be weakened." etc..etc.......
Or maybe have the most used combat spells be dangerous to use during a chest location......"your spell has caused the walls of the cavern to look weaker..." "The cavern walls start to collapse..." Cast too many? Walls cave in....killing all inside and resetting the chest timer.

Maybe things would get a little interesting then.....

Have the spawn be most susceptible to hand to hand damage, and immune to music and magic.

I, also, like the idea of the deco wall maps, deco world maps, etc for the 100 and up Cartographer. Make it a craftable of sorts. Something worth selling and something people would want.

But I digress.....

If provokers can't provo on those ipothetical new maps, tamers also shouldn't be able to bring pets.

Make it old school dexers and mages only.

I also really like the aforementioned "paragon only" t-map

hubcap

Grandmaster
Thats the gist....

No music. No pets.

Make a battle tank a relevant template to play again.

Not really so much to neuter those provo/tamer templates........more so to make the, otherwise, useless battle tank template, relevant again.