Ideas for Character "Look"

Looking for some ideas here

I have some money saved up and some donation coins in the bank. I would like to greatly improve the look of my character.

Sure I have some ideas of what I think is cool, but I have only been on the server for about 50 days and would like some insight from other players as well about what they think is cool too, or maybe what they wish they would have done.

Here are some examples of questions I ask myself when contemplating this.

Whats cooler, Charcoal or Evil Mage?

Is Fallon worth it?

Whats a killer color combination?

Orc Mask or Bone Mask?

Whats the difference between the Charcoal ones and the I support Ultima online ones?

Apron and Sash, or just a robe?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarBaby

Grandmaster
Some cloths you cant tell the difference between charcoal and Evil Mage and the Evil Mage is about half the price..
Fallon is at an all time high at about 60k a yard.. So yeah its kind of over priced.
Metallic Red is my favorite color for tier 5 cloth,
Midnight Blue in tier 4 is cheap but stylish.. and the Dark forest Green for tier one is also nice

I like the look of the tunic with skirt more then a Robe... Its really sharp in Metallic Red.

Its all about someones opinion. You should dress the way YOU want to dress, not the way someone else thinks will make you look "cool".
I knew and felt this should be the first response. However, I am not trying to dress on what others think I should wear. I am just looking for ideas on more things to search or try. However, I completely agree with you.

To show that, I would never dress in the pure or ice white. I see these white dots running around and cant tell their polar bear head from their 10k donation boots. Makes no sense to me.

Some cloths you cant tell the difference between charcoal and Evil Mage and the Evil Mage is about half the price..
Fallon is at an all time high at about 60k a yard.. So yeah its kind of over priced.
Metallic Red is my favorite color for tier 5 cloth,
Midnight Blue in tier 4 is cheap but stylish.. and the Dark forest Green for tier one is also nice

I like the look of the tunic with skirt more then a Robe... Its really sharp in Metallic Red.

This is the kind of info I am looking for here. So i think I want to do the Evil Mage. Will the Black "Support UOF" bone mask match up well?

I have lots of evil mage and some metallic red. Sounds like it could be nice.

See I am trying to make a suit that I can bless and then always be stylish

Malcate

Master
I run around naked despite being quite wealthy.. I have always liked EM cloth though. Ice white goes with anything too. Robe/Layered Sash and half apron would look nice!

Desi

Grandmaster
Style advice? Oh, hell yes. I'll chime in.

Obviously you've spent time thinking about this. I would suggest doing what anyone else trying to find their 'style' should do:

If unsure pull photos out of resources (such as magazines), to create a unique and personalized look-book based on what you like. So let's convert that same concept to UO.

For example, study Ultima paperdolls (google search for 'ultima online outfits' or 'ultima online paperdolls' as a starting point) and make note of the combinations that look sharp and you feel drawn to. Sit at Brit bank with some popcorn and a slushee to watch the crazy emerge. Observe outfit specifics and color combinations to try it out.

It won't be long before you're languorously stretching out in your own kitten-heeled Pradas, hot stuff. In a guy sort of way.

Ultimately the idea is to draw all of that inspiration together to organically give your unique 'look' half a shot at emerging. But first you need to figure out what you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
just went Charcoal tunic, skirt and EM cloak. Got the black orc mask. Now working a deal on a EM apron, and going to get everything blessed. Man, I love it! Thank you for the help everyone

StarBaby

Grandmaster
I could be wrong on this one... but hair dye will dye both hair and beard. if you want just the beard dyed and your hair left alone, then you need beard dye.

and if you want neon hair.. don't spent 500k from the NPC in town.. buy the dye for 1k donation coin from the donation vendor.

Amsterdamaged

Apprentice
I prefer evil mage/nightmare over charcoal! Charcoal has a slight brownish hue in it (like the real charcoals!) that makes it look ugly in my eyes. Also, "evil mage" can't get more badass than that :p

I could be wrong on this one... but hair dye will dye both hair and beard. if you want just the beard dyed and your hair left alone, then you need beard dye.

and if you want neon hair.. don't spent 500k from the NPC in town.. buy the dye for 1k donation coin from the donation vendor.
thank you. Do you know if the dye is a one time use, or like a tub?

Metalhead-

Master
I personally miss real UO:R where I as a mage could run around with just a pair of pants cause dexxer a didn't do enough damage at the time besides LJers to be a cause of concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malcate

Master
A good dexer was always dangerous IMO but you're right. Macers in UOR were mean with hammers. I always played a macer as my dexer because I like to wear a guy down