I for one could do with less...

The CTF gump can be right clicked off your screen. These gumps serve a purpose. The reason the gump pops up on everyones screen is so we can have large turn outs to events. The reason the notify gump sicks to the top of your screen is so that people can see the messages we feel are important for them to know. I'll add an option to disable this as it is clearly a game breaking change for you but I just want you to know that we feel they serve a purpose and that is why they are the way they are.

I believe that I said that I appreciate and understand the reasoning behind them. I'm aware that they serve a purpose.

I was simply trying to bring to staff's attention that not everyone likes this and that it can be annoying and problematic. Hell, I'm surprised that no one else mentioned it before now.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
This is the suggestion thread where people are asked by staff to put in suggestions of things they like and don't like, or new things, etc. People then can post their opinion about the suggestions and discuss the ideas. I think we want to foster an atmosphere where people feel able to bring up these things whether it's implemented or not. By doing so, many people now learned there's a way to turn off the CTF notices and that was a good thing for those people.

Let us all remain positive! Staff and players included. *smiles*

Staff

Young Player Help
No need to get belligerent Dewd. I am currently coding a toggle for these gumps. I have also increased the save times back to 90 minutes. They were at 30 minutes while we were having a stack overflow for a few days. The save time was overlooked and has been reset accordingly.

Staff

Young Player Help
I scripted this and it will be in for the next restart. To opt in and out of staff messages and event gumps, type [staffmessages

Kraden

Grandmaster
I scripted this and it will be in for the next restart. To opt in and out of staff messages and event gumps, type [staffmessages

Is there any way to someday down the road maybe separate staff messages from CTF type stuff. Guess basically so people can see hey staff are throwing a Monster Bash or something, but not see CTF/FFA. Maybe even have settings for all the types of messages I guess. That way for example I can turn of CTF/FFA and keep Turnies/Monster Bashes/Server Notices etc.?

Just a thought, opting out completely is fine too, I just like alot of the messages, but not all ya know?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
it's really a non issue
people just need to get used to the fact that you're gonna try your best and still lose items no matter what happens, so just deal
closing the window is one mouse click lol how hard is that really
im glad the gms made the CTF window intrusive because it's helped them bring a higher quality CTF with the information theyve gathered. Theyve given alot of rewards for those intrusive CTF gumps to reconcile, of which I for one am thankful for all the pretty statues

it's really a non issue
people just need to get used to the fact that you're gonna try your best and still lose items no matter what happens, so just deal
closing the window is one mouse click lol how hard is that really
im glad the gms made the CTF window intrusive because it's helped them bring a higher quality CTF with the information theyve gathered. Theyve given alot of rewards for those intrusive CTF gumps to reconcile, of which I for one am thankful for all the pretty statues

It is a non-issue to you. To some of us it is an issue.

Those of us who don't participate in CTF get nothing but an annoyance (at best) out of it.

I'm glad you enjoy the gumps...not everyone does.