I am Housebound!

Amalgam

Journeyman
AHOY

So I've been reduced to being the "house refresh" guy in our team. You see, I lagspike so badly the game is rendered completely unplayable and, well, it kind of leaves me with limited options.

I SHALL NOT QUIT! I can't really, I've got property to maintain and some of the guys are on deployment. I have instead lived a quiet (and hidden) existence. I've tried to integrate the fact that I can't do a damned thing in-game as some sort of roleplay. A poor old man with a limp, occasionally seen crying at the Chamber of Virtue, discarding his headwear at the Humility stone.

My character shuns wealth (mostly because he is unable to accumulate it) and instead will limp around in despair, begging for forgiveness.

So I will continue this way, until such time as his vigor returns, if at all.

After 20 years of UO, I have a lot to offer and I'm open to ideas on how I could roleplay my desperate situation and somehow contribute towards the community. Any worthy suggestions out there?

(Is there even any room for a poor old man with a limp? No-one will speak to him, everyone is in such a rush these days!)

Regarding these horrible, consistent, lagspikes, has anyone experienced a similar issue? How did you overcome?

What are my options?

--

From the command line, I ping uoforever.com at a very steady ~150-160. In-game, however my ping in-game is all over the place, and will frequently hit 2.5s, averaging ~1s ping overall. Unplayable!

It reminds me of that time I created a character on Oceania back on dial-up. Those were the days.