How/Where was dueling done on your OSI shard?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I think every shard had a different duel room/dueling style, what was your OSI shards style?

On pacific(insta hit era), we dueled in the deceit duel room(the to the east of the bone magi room). Pacific also had a weird dueling style in that paralyze was allowed to be cast but people were forbidden from using popped pouches. It actually made dueling pretty dynamic as it was another spell/tactic you had to keep track of.

Eventually dueling moved to the yew jail roof during the t2a error.

DeadToMe_12-18_20-1.jpg

Violence

Grandmaster
+1 For the deceit duel room. I still remember the first time going to deceit and watching the duels as a ghost and having no idea what was going on.

Later when Oceania released, most duelling I remember occurred in makeshift water barrel arenas.

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
Good old Jhelom farms !

I remember people leaving their mounts by the fence and dueling in the center.

Then some griefers came to attack duelers or mounts, and people would group up (even from enemy guilds) and kill them :D

Bruno D

Adept
This brings back memories, I wish the docks were only open for tournaments. Was the Jhelom Farms back in my day.

Desi

Grandmaster
When I played OSI duels and player-driven tournaments were a big deal since reds weren't allowed in guarded zones. On Catskills I remember guilds like the Undead Lords [UDL] and SUN / BaGooK Tribe [BT] hosting some pretty epic duels and tournaments in the swamps. Deceit also was a hot bed of action. (I really miss the old lich lord room.)

Experience

Grandmaster
My first shard mostly dueled north of brit or west of brit. except every friday night at midnight was a "war" and brit filled with PVP for around an hour maybe 2.

SidX

Grandmaster
Great Lakes, at least during my time, was the Yew gate and also the bagball arena (totally forget where it was, been way too long).

Also the Jhel pits.

Target

Neophyte
On Catskills it was Yew moongate Fel side (after Trammel).

Yeh, but that was a lot of house/gz-hiding with the occasional duel mixed in.

Duels at the farms, the sheep pens, and occasionally the pits (kinda dead after people starting using the farms and pens).

Don't forget the area in front of the entrance to Wrong (some folks held fights on top of that thing for whatever reason; kinda hard to get down from there if you're dead) being used for a lot of the more recent duels.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
Atlantic here,

X-Roads outside of Brit, Outside of Covetous, and Wrong Roof

No para, no pots, honor system kept most douchebaggery in check due to bugged harm wands and magic reflect jewlery

Last edited by a moderator:

Swayze

Grandmaster
I only ever played free shards but played the crap out of them. I remember having to edit a txt file to get things to work but when I played all PvP was done west of Vesper right by the bridge by the bank.