How much Lockpicking for dungeons only, not tmaps?

Salad Snake

Neophyte
I know you need 95 for level 6 tmaps but how much do I need if I just want to loot the best dungeon chests? I heard dungeon chests only go up to level 5

Last edited:

Casor

Adept
Get to 95. Then you'll eventually GM off of the harder dungeon chests. Even at GM, you will fail some on these.

Salad Snake

Neophyte
@halv @Casor

I don't want GM. I dont want to be a treasure hunter or do Paragons. I will make another character if I ever want to do that. I just want enough skill to be able to open the best dungeon chests which I believe go up to level 4. How much skill do I need if I only want to be able to open these chests. I want to save as many points as possible and spend them elsewhere.

Casor

Adept
like I said, even at gm on the highest dungeon chests you'll sometimes fail several times before success. so, you'll want gm.

once you get to 95, go pick the chests in shame or deceit lvl 5 or chests in khaldun. you'll fail fairly often. but you should eventually pick them. you'll gm doing this.

halv

Grandmaster
I don't want GM. I dont want to be a treasure hunter or do Paragons. I will make another character if I ever want to do that. I just want enough skill to be able to open the best dungeon chests which I believe go up to level 4. How much skill do I need if I only want to be able to open these chests. I want to save as many points as possible and spend them elsewhere.

You can open Level 4 dungeon chests with 92 lockpicking skill. But we have kind of level 5 chests on this shard. There are level 5 chests in Khaldun, Deceit and Shame. There will be around 2000gp in chest and more loot. It's possible they are UO:F custom and you will need 100 LP to unlock them. But i really don't know.