How many crafting chars do you have?

Lion31

Neophyte
Re: Many many crafting chars do you have?

My crafter is -

BS
Mining
Tailor
Carp
Tink
Fletch
Lumberjack

Pure crafter build, ddoes everything you need, b ut crafters are very much secondary charactors to me

Messremb

Grandmaster
i have one crafter

BS 115
Tailoring 120
Carpentry 115
tinkering 100
fletching 100
music 45
magery 75
Arms lore 50

after the expansion, and when i can afford it he will look like this

BS 120
Tailoring 120
Carpentry 120
tinkering 120
fletching 100
Music 45
Magery 75
arms lore 20

since I have alch and scribe on PVP chars i can make anything in the game so far. the only downside to this build is not having mining prevents me from smelting my high end ores. but i have not really had any issues with it.

Tailoring is easily the most profitable of the crafting skills and probably the second easiest to GM. if you enjoy BODs then you will have fun with a tailor.

Good luck

Meta

Neophyte
Savage Miner-
Mining, LJ, Swords, tactics, anatomy, Healing, magery

Crafter-
BS, tailoring, tinkering, carpentry, magery, fletching, cooking (if i find out armslore is useful here then goodbye cooking)

One merchant - Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Tinkering, Mining for the moment. I may pick up Carpentry, Fletching, and Lumberjacking later on.

One treasure hunter - Swords, Tactics, Anatomy, Healing, Lockpicking, Catography for the moment.

One Fisherman - Archer/Bard build - Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, Fishing, Hiding, Music, Provocation (This is the plan anyway). I also have a smattering of Healing in here as well.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
tailor 120
smithy 115
mining 115
carp 110
poisoning 100 (would like to drop it but damn was it hard)
tinkering 100
magery 60

I don't have "mules". My only "crafter" is my Inscribe/Alchemy mage. I also have a Poisoning and a Lumberjacking dexers, and a Fisher/THunter.

i have one, it is alch, tailoring, magery, mining, tinkering. havnt really wanted to fuck with the others, but will probably do carp at some point. this char is good for tailoring, alchy, glassblowing and plants.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I have yourmother :

120 tailor
102 blacksmithy (capped at 105)
104 mining (capped at 105)
9x tinkering
xx carpentry (around 60, not sure, didn't work on it yet)
xx bowcraft (i think around 70, just started)
57 magery

Harken110

Expert
I want to make a crafter but... I just don't see the money in it. Compared to my GM Tamer/Provoke I'd just give up too much of an opportunity cost spending time on my crafter making goods.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Oh I thought you meant selling to NPC vendors. Read too fast. My bad.

You make money selling metal armors or potion kegs or whatever other professions let you do, but mining takes a ton of time, crafting kegs too, same with filling them with potion, and the price you can sell that kind of stuff isn't worth the time. You'd make more money camping liches.

With tailoring, you sell BOD rewards and tier 5 cloth sell for 50-250k per 5 yards. You can also sell barbed leather armo, around 1-1500 gold a set, and a single dragon gives you almost enough leather to make one set.

So basically... if you want to make money, I mean good money, you can be a tailor, a tamer or a bard.

Harken110

Expert
Oh I thought you meant selling to NPC vendors. Read too fast. My bad.

You make money selling metal armors or potion kegs or whatever other professions let you do, but mining takes a ton of time, crafting kegs too, same with filling them with potion, and the price you can sell that kind of stuff isn't worth the time. You'd make more money camping liches.

With tailoring, you sell BOD rewards and tier 5 cloth sell for 50-250k per 5 yards. You can also sell barbed leather armo, around 1-1500 gold a set, and a single dragon gives you almost enough leather to make one set.

So basically... if you want to make money, I mean good money, you can be a tailor, a tamer or a bard.

Sorry to ask another question but will the new smithing changes make smithing BODS just as good as tailoring BODS?