How long does it take to GM Taming

Henrik

Master
Okey, interesting. However, the increased server save time happened after the latest server move so in this case I suppose it has to do with that. But yeah, anything that can make it quicker should be taken into consideration. 35-40 seconds is indeed way to long.

Honestly the best way to gm taming is not in a dungeon, But for everyone has different methods, If you make a tamer let me know and I will mark you a runebook with the spots that I used. It's not really that bad to gm taming Just has some slow days.

Sseany4209

Grandmaster
Honestly the best way to gm taming is not in a dungeon, But for everyone has different methods, If you make a tamer let me know and I will mark you a runebook with the spots that I used. It's not really that bad to gm taming Just has some slow days.
how much fora runebook??

Karma-

Neophyte
It is pretty easy until 80, because the mobs you need to tame to reach this level are numerous and grouped together in dungeons. After that, when you start taming hell cats and lava lizards, you find 2-3 of each per spawn, and gains are slower, you might reconsider your "no skill scroll" idea ;)

What I did is farm gold with a provo archer, raise taming til low 80s by myself, and ate scrolls after that. Tamer/bard will make you enough gold to buy them, on top of what you will loot yourself.

I am pretty sure the time invested in farming gold on your bard will be lower than the time invested in taming all that crap. But I can be wrong...

Hustling Gold for Taming SS (Excluding Gambling) vrs Taming all that crap
100% Correct if u know the ways

Henrik

Master
Even if you can afford skill scrolls I think it's worth not using em (up to GM that is) because of the rewarding feeling you get when finally GMing taming after weeks of grinding. :p

shenron

Journeyman
I'm the tamer, "BigDickBandits" and I can assure you that i was there for every single gruesome .1 that fucking took to GM taming.

Phenomswag

Apprentice
Just hit GM taming, all natty.

I would guess ~3 hours per point in 90s, maybe a little less in the 80s, and 50-high 70s is quick if you do scorps in Shame.

Prolly 60-80 hours of focused play total. Def no more than 100.

SidX

Grandmaster
@Sseany4209, @XANAX plus anyone else interested in training Taming:

We have these two runebooks at The Vesper Trading Co.:

umJwAqa.png

CTonEG0.png

9DQKDMh.jpg

Jimmy

Master
I still did bull re-tames from 100-110. Ate scrolls after that.

Then again, I never really tamed in dungeons since there were plenty in the forests and bull pens for me to go from 50-110.

Shurik'n

Novice
curious what to tame after gm? does lava lizards still work?

I'm doing lava lizzard with peace bot. Getting about 1 point per hours still. Now up to 106 taming. I don't see any reasons to eat scrolls. I sell them for profit and just go out taming lizard with I feel like taking it easy.

I Gmed in about 1 week but that was back when the server had this island under trinsic with tons of GH and bulls :)