How in the heck....

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Regardless, it functions in this way, and by design. There are two problems with making excuses for this kind of thing...

1. It goes against the rules of this shard, which explicitly state that players may not trap NPCs or monsters in a house. So in order to allow pet-trapping, you also have to allow mob trapping. Because clearly, nobody can tell the difference.

2. It degrades the game for other players, by taking MOBs out of the spawns ppl are farming. That house is always full of spawn ppl can't get at, and it is that way by *design* -regardless of so-called "intent."

While you're worried about "fairly judging intent," it continues to functionally serve as a MOB TRAPPING HOUSE. I've never once seen a pet trapped in there, which means it functionally serves as a mob trap 99.9% of the time. Trapping mobs in houses is against the rules.

You can't rely on people's intentions in this game anyway. If they can dual use their houses for breaking the rule on MOB trapping with plausible deniability, they'll grief the world doing exactly that.

Damn.

ChengTinHung-TheShadowBoxer-03-400-sg.gif

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
I say you quit your bitching/moaning/complaining and deal with the game.

Its a pet trap house. It happens. Few of them on the island.

You ***** about pirates always sinking you. Just deal with it and move on.

No. I started a thread about multiclient PKing pirates, which is against the F-ing rules. But rather than use reason, I get a bunch of sophist claptrap intended to sweep the problem under the rug until the thread gets locked. In fact, that's why these threads get locked. I'd imagine this one is due for the chopping block real soon here. The problem with making every sophist excuse in the book for people who break the rules is that it 1. renders the rules meaningless and 2. punishes those who do follow them.

Trapping mobs in houses is explicitly against the rules. Yet we get these houses that are always full of spawn.... just so the FRIENDS of the owner have the option of trapping pets occasionally? :rolleyes: But it's main function as it plays out in reality is trapping mobs constantly, which is against the rules and detracts from many other people's game.

I do play the game, but I also call out problems where I find them, particularly cheating. You are one of many of the persuasion that cheating should be justified and swept under the carpet, cause apparently you get off on that kind of thing. Maybe we have different interpretations of "Do not trap NPCs or monsters in your house FOR ANY REASON." The difference is that yours is based on blatant baboon-crap.

Wanna see me *****...stop making new selling threads daily and alter/change/bump your old ones. Takes 2 seconds.

That's exactly what I do when the same sale items come up. For example, I found a Taming SS last night, so I searched my old thread for them, changed the "SOLD" title back, and boomped it. Then the moment it sold, I changed the title back to "sold" soas not to waste anyone's time. That's how F-ing considerate a player *I* am.

But I don't know why I'm even debating with an inept trash-talking internet clown in the first place. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just go suck one. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Winstonian

Grandmaster
If it's clearly an attempt to bend or break the rules, I don't see the issue with someone making mention of it.

Then again... these are the UO:F forums...

Lothar

Expert
Fighting in a house doesn't mean your talisman doesn't work or gets put in CD fyi. It just means you gain no experience.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Ok well its fun when everyone has the wrong information.

Using your talisman in a house does mean it won't work. However as soon as you step outside the house it works just fine with no cooldown.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
I see. That's good know. I thought otherwise somehow, so now I won't have to worry accidentally firing my bow from someone's steps.