how i managed to capture 15 IDOC's in one evening

Violence

Grandmaster
You're welcome to not attend IDOCS. No one said they were very profitable, lol.

I do IDOCs because I enjoy them. If I wanted to make a lot of gold, I'd just play my tamer.

SidX

Grandmaster
people come, people go. Welcome to UO. Nothing negative about many IDOCs.
QFT. I find it more exciting having 10 IDOCs than having 10 houses sitting idle for years. Idle houses that never go away prevent anything else from being built by active players.

overflow

Apprentice
Btw, there is an empty castle coming up in the east britain swamp (it's on the southern side of the swamp).

EDIT: after checking, i found it's reverted to "slightly worn".

Last edited by a moderator:

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
People still IDOC here? lol.. IDOC changes = shitshow for all!

Have no life? No skill? Want to be rich on UOF? No problem!

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
People still IDOC here? lol.. IDOC changes = shitshow for all!

Have no life? No skill? Want to be rich on UOF? No problem!

My sentiments exactly.

Probably the single worst change that has happened here.

Organized groups working together to get an advantage? Nah we would rather have everyone sit around for hours doing nothing.

The funny thing is it hasn't changed anything except making people sit around bored. The same people still get the loot and plots. The same people still sit at idocs for HOURS because they are too lazy to time. There is the same amount of pvp.

All the change did was take away an opportunity to work for an advantage.

10x as bad as the Powerscroll "fix" IMO.

HEY THANKS ASAN I WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
LoL Yeah, when I came back and read about these changes I just rolled my eyes. 0 logic to it.

Oh hey people were scripting too many IDOC activities.. let's break Item ID though so now you are FORCED to script! lol. The whole thing is a bit silly if you ask me, but hey, it isn't MY shard!

halygon

Grandmaster
LoL Yeah, when I came back and read about these changes I just rolled my eyes. 0 logic to it.

Oh hey people were scripting too many IDOC activities.. let's break Item ID though so now you are FORCED to script! lol. The whole thing is a bit silly if you ask me, but hey, it isn't MY shard!
This conversation reminds me of an old UO video. These types of changes show that the progression that occurred on OSI can happen again. They do say that history repeats itself..

http://www.wtfman.com/mcd/eclipse.htm

It must be doing something or the population is really declining, because a month ago people where complaining about lack of housing. Now you cant sell a house to save your life unless its an 18x18 or brit vendor.

halygon

Grandmaster
You can't really go by visible population as it is summer and folks are in and out. Full population should be right before the holidays and right after new year.

I still actually see a lot of people when Im on and I've been pretty busy these past few weekends. I was taking summer into account. I just see a lot of houses on the forums right now and fewer bare plots than when I started two months ago.