How does the looting system work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
still think 90 percent of your issues are ping related I know of some of our best members only being as rich as they are due to there ping... I'm sorry but a guy that has40 to you 121 which is clearly better ping than you will probably out loot you everytime due to your slight delay. I literally watch kids run up to things swing a few times and take that extra second and be like wtf did gold even drop as I looted all 5 items before they even got to see ( not even using anthing but cntrl shift drag. ) guarantee most of you are getting out looted by people with better ping.... I never seen 1 real issue at the event. and tbh I looted my asss off ( not like half you retarts checked corpses of medium priority targets anyway ( found 3 crystal fragments sitting on random corpses with no one around...) I bet if I followed half you around I could out loot most of you no cheats needed just because I ping less than 50 on the regular ( in high stress areas )

Last edited by a moderator:

lollo

Grandmaster
still think 90 percent of your issues are ping related I know of some of our best members only being as rich as they are due to there ping... I'm sorry but a guy that has40 to you 121 which is clearly better ping than you will probably out loot you everytime due to your slight delay. I literally watch kids run up to things swing a few times and take that extra second and be like wtf did gold even drop as I looted all 5 items before they even got to see ( not even using anthing but cntrl shift drag. ) guarantee most of you are getting out looted by people with better ping.... I never seen 1 real issue at the event. and tbh I looted my asss off ( not like half you retarts checked corpses of medium priority targets anyway ( found 3 relics sitting on random corpses with no one around...) I bet if I followed half you around I could out loot most of you no cheats needed just because I ping less than 50 on the regular ( in high stress areas )

Relics? Wtf you talkin about

Xiulan

Master
My main question per the title is how does the looting system work? Is it damage based, who hits first, or killing hit? People never went grey for looting either but I seem to get the warning message from time to time about not looting "criminal act".

I'd like to see more answers to the original question about loot rights and turning gray etc. Something seems off about the way this works, but maybe there are just some intricacies to the mechanics that I'm not aware of.

All I know is that invasions are basically unplayable for me. I turn gray and get guard whacked within minutes every single time, usually without even getting the "criminal act" warning. Yet somehow other people are able to run around looting everything in sight? What makes that possible?

I'd like to see more answers to the original question about loot rights and turning gray etc. Something seems off about the way this works, but maybe there are just some intricacies to the mechanics that I'm not aware of.

All I know is that invasions are basically unplayable for me. I turn gray and get guard whacked within minutes every single time, usually without even getting the "criminal act" warning. Yet somehow other people are able to run around looting everything in sight? What makes that possible?
depends what template you are playing tbh if you are playing a mage don't bother.... you need to drop at least over 150 dmg *sometimes a lot more depeding on time it takes to kill in the red floating text per 1k hp to get any loot rights. as a dexxer it is easy as long as you are swinging for 50 per and get in about 5 hits. tamers almost always get loot rights whatever they all kill. and bards get loot rights on anything they provo if the two montehrs contribute to 50% of the total damage done. * cause you know other people come in and swing on your provod monster too doing way more dmg* Looting right is and always has been based on dps delivered as long as you were in the 2 min combat timer of it dying depending on x amount of people attacking.... now if you do 50% of its life. walk away and let it get killed by someone else after 2 mins it will not longer give you rights.... common testing... and if you are not involved before it drops below 45% you pretty much don't get any loot rights unless you clear at least 20% of the last chunk yourself and good luck with x amount of targets still attacking that per say mob.

Bromista

Grandmaster
To go back to the tread use any autoloot during an event in the area protected by the guards is more damaging because the possibility of becoming criminal is very high.

it is much easier to predict where corpse open and prepare mouse in position whit grab item targer already open. Also can edit item image for fast target whit big image or simple a colored rettangle.

As this example:
- Rectangle red area of the first open body
- Rectangle green area where next body open

corpi.jpg

Also can use steam loot sistem can loot whit click on menu, but i not like it.
IMO it is better to turn off "automatically arrange minimized windows" and "offset interface windows"

I think the one that matters is offset interface. All corpses will open in the top right corner of your screen so I put my main pack up there for maximum loot speed.

I'm beatable but it's not easy.

ping is a lot of people problems though... on average most people ping above 100 and that is really a thing.... (not stand still ping moving around ping in high volume areas ) averagely I can load a corpse 5 seconds faster than most players on the server due to that lil bit of ping difference... I see it all the time... and if you don't have your auto corpse openr set via razor or steam your pretty burnt from the start. I have still yet to see 1 person who can out loot me when I have my 30-65 ping days. literally I know that is a issue most people still never could work around., that 20-100 ping makes a huge difference in all ends.(load times,lag,item appearance delay que.) all ping related issues ( tell me this what does an idoc drop look like to you that second it drops... do you see the lag spike? most do when over 80 ping ... I bet there were times some of you went to drag as soon as it opened and it was gone that next second.... best chance is... they got that corpse open a few miliseconds sooner than you did.... common though... that's why you don't see many 200+ping pro pvpers running around either ( unless in a crew of 10+ and normally get to sluggish and picked off anyway )

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Looting at invasion event always have risk that you could loot a blue corpse and got instant guard whack. It's really about how good your eyesight and your reflex are to loot from grey corpses...

Try UOSteam auto open nearby corpses to see if you like it. I find it a lot faster to loot gold than razor but I also got guard whack several times during town invasion as well and lost repond weapons. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bromista

Grandmaster
Those red SS always get me. Had a real bad run last invasion, like four gwhacks in an hour and I just said to heck with it...not my night. I was probably dying for like tactics SS too lol.

Two of those it was a certainty in my mind that I had looting rights and was definitely going for the right corpse, other two were a gamble. Whaddya do.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
ping is a lot of people problems though... on average most people ping above 100 and that is really a thing.... (not stand still ping moving around ping in high volume areas ) averagely I can load a corpse 5 seconds faster than most players on the server due to that lil bit of ping difference... I see it all the time... and if you don't have your auto corpse openr set via razor or steam your pretty burnt from the start. I have still yet to see 1 person who can out loot me when I have my 30-65 ping days. literally I know that is a issue most people still never could work around., that 20-100 ping makes a huge difference in all ends.(load times,lag,item appearance delay que.) all ping related issues ( tell me this what does an idoc drop look like to you that second it drops... do you see the lag spike? most do when over 80 ping ... I bet there were times some of you went to drag as soon as it opened and it was gone that next second.... best chance is... they got that corpse open a few miliseconds sooner than you did.... common though... that's why you don't see many 200+ping pro pvpers running around either ( unless in a crew of 10+ and normally get to sluggish and picked off anyway )

it's not 1998 we all have high speed internet.. I would say the real test if someone is cheating at looting is if they are MOVING while looting a corpse

it's not 1998 we all have high speed internet.. I would say the real test if someone is cheating at looting is if they are MOVING while looting a corpse
1998 doesn't affect anything on the topic of ping......in fact back then most people were more even in ping no matter where they were from... everyone had over 100... now adays with highspeed pings and vpn access you can set yourself 100% faster than someone connecting from Europe. Not everyone has 30-60 ping steady like myself and a few known others and we do out loot most people we ever farm near or with.

but ya a real test would be to see someone who was no where's near the corpse ( out of the 5 tile range of dragging ) and come in and out with the loots.

but the year doesn't prove anything. I can run around with you right now and you will never see the gold drop in a corpse guaranteed.

ping is the #1 contributor to loot issues... if you don't have pure perfect ping don't expect to get the first rip on a corpse if you have 4 others swinging at the same monster chances are someone there has a lot better smoother connection to the server.....

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
Scav does not pull from corpses/containers.

There is an option some programs have (not razor) to auto open corpses as you run up to them. Not just auto open corpses that drop within two tiles. I feel like this gives a big advantage especially in an invasion environment.

Auto looting through Steam was a thing here and was fixed long ago. Big thanks to @AnsemUO for blabbing on forums and getting it fixed.*

*There could be other methods. Report suspected offenders and let staff take it from there.

Oh yeah and while we are at it the leapfrog command is fucking bullshit built-in hax.

I did it with Razor, Pleb.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
To go back to the tread use any autoloot during an event in the area protected by the guards is more damaging because the possibility of becoming criminal is very high.

it is much easier to predict where corpse open and prepare mouse in position whit grab item targer already open. Also can edit item image for fast target whit big image or simple a colored rettangle.

As this example:
- Rectangle red area of the first open body
- Rectangle green area where next body open

corpi.jpg

Also can use steam loot sistem can loot whit click on menu, but i not like it.

ccc.jpg

There is an option in ur paperdoll where the corpse will open in the same exact spot everytime no matter what. this is what i use.

Status
Not open for further replies.