How does Stat loss work?

Hey'O!

I have never played a red, and want to switch up my provo archer for a stealth archer maybe with Provo, mostly I'm pretty sure I'm going to die alot, maybe I'll just be a lowly grey and never make it to red status....Either way, Since I'm not really into guilds and just run amok solo, pretty much a guarantee I'll get owned, so...what and how is stat loss?

Cheers!
SoP

Heythat does explain a lot. Can you raise your skills up through macroing that are statted? or are they temporarily locked at a drop of %40 for the time per kill?

And, dropping off a red's head at one of the head drop off stations doesn't give you gold as a reward or it does?

Thanks for the Help....

When you're statted, you cant raise those skills back up. They are locked in for the time.

When you get a reds head, you have 2 choices... You can either take it to the head collector and put him into stat loss or negotiate with the murderer to sell his head back to him. I suppose a 3rd choice is let the head decay and you have a nice little trophy to put in your house.

If your planning on negotiating with the murderer, i wouldn't do it in a city with the head in your backpack as the head can be stolen. You can double click the head anywhere.